Debate Creation or Evolution?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by God Of Forge, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethrock

Ethrock Ancient

I do know you were agreeing that evolution is more likely than creationism but I wanted to stress that evolution has been observed as we see new species emerging commonly, and there is evidence in favor of continued **** sapien evolution as well.

2. Silent oo death

Silent oo death Ancient

Someone missed something. This is did god create all species at once v. did they evolve over time. As for el diablo let me put both down theories down into the most simplified form.

Creationism: God, a infinity powerful being created the world and all its life forms in seven days.

Evolution
    : Mutations in the DNA code that benefit an organism will become more apparent as it helps organisms to survive till they can reproduce and eventually become widespread in a population.

Which one is more difficult to understand?

3. RabidZergling

RabidZergling Ancient

Trying to compare the two ideas by how simple they are will never work. Anybody can use their biases to make longer or shorter descriptions.
    It doesn't matter which one is simpler, it matter which one makes sense. Creationism is completely unfounded and baseless; not even the most important central ideas have been proven, and it can't make any kind of sense until those ideas are confirmed.

#723 RabidZergling, May 30, 2009
    Last edited: May 30, 2009
  4. Silent oo death

Silent oo death Ancient

I disagree with you, although i was trying to make a point with my post i tried pretty hard on both of them to make them as simplified as possible. Creationism was a good scientific theory, oh say... 2000 years ago. Now that we have toyed with this idea for two millennium it should be dismissed like any scientific theory proven wrong. Knowledge almost always builds upon itself and if you view that creationism is scientific theory that then you can see how now over time we have learned based on facts. From one line to two in their most simplified terms. That, my friends, is scientific advancement at its best.

#724 Silent oo death, May 30, 2009
    Last edited: May 30, 2009
  5. AlbinoFruitcake

AlbinoFruitcake Ancient

im for evolution, as far as i know if there is a god, he has done nothing to help me out exsept by wasting an hour of my life every sunday because my parents drag me to church.

you could replace god with a flying spagetti monster and still see no difference.

god is just an excuse to solve all of the unanswered questions in the universe, like where did the first cell come from.

6. Nitrous

Nitrous Ancient

Were it so easy. There are always qualifiers and buts and maybes when it comes to religion. Make a coherent argument against fsm and he'll just move the goal post or just say "its not real spaghetti, its magic." Essentially Christians do the same with hell. Is the fire in hell real or not? Answer the question and I'll pick up from there.

7. Nitrous

Nitrous Ancient

:)

That was the right answer. Thank you.

8. AlbinoFruitcake

AlbinoFruitcake Ancient

personally, i don't think that there can be a right answer.

Its just like the chicken and the egg. from an evolutionist standpoint, the egg came first by some mutation of another creature.

and from a creationist standpoint, god created all animals, therefor the chicken came first.

its all a matter of perspective.

9. RacoonSniper 13

RacoonSniper 13 Ancient

Who's to say that doesn't apply to god? Who's to say the bible is even true? People write stories all the time.

10. Ethrock

Ethrock Ancient

Except for the part where evolution can be tested and proven in a laboratory and through observation of our natural world. We can see fossilized evidence genetic evidence and the like that shows evolution did cause the egg to come first, whereas creationism relies solely on faith and ignorance of fact.

11. AlbinoFruitcake

AlbinoFruitcake Ancient

but the church played its part in making people believe in that, now we have free will, but not long ago, you had to belong to the catholic church, or you were persecuted for heresy.

12. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

The egg most definitely came first. whatever laid the first chicken egg, was not a chicken, but the species before any mutations, whether it's slight or not. That egg had the genetic coding of the chicken to hatch from it making it the egg of a chicken. Due to any mutation being gradual, it's not an obvious point in time, but it was there. It's up to personal judgement when to consider that bird's chain of evolution to indeed be a chicken.

logical theories that support this: evolution

illogical theories that do not support this: creation

#732 CHUCK, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  13. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

The line is arbitrary. Biologists have very good reasons for putting the line between species where they do, especially among extinct fossilized species, but there still remains uncertainty because there is no point where everything before that egg was not a chicken, and everything after that egg is a chicken.

The analogy I like to use is the line between child and adult. Is there a day in anyone's life, where they can confidently declare that every day beforehand they were a child, and every day afterward they were an adult? No, there isn't, and yet you can still look at someone who is 25 and say yes, they're definitely an adult, and you can safely declare an 8 year old a child. Legally in the US, you become an adult at 18, but that is an entirely arbitrary line, since nothing actually happens at midnight on your 18th birthday to make you an adult. It is the same with evolving species, scientists have to just pick a point where they draw the line.

#733 Ladnil, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  14. Grif2200

Grif2200 Ancient

I think it was evolution, and a piece of evidence is that should you go to a very high building you have a natural and sublte urge to jump off. Like the supposed apes we decended from, however how did we form successful speech as standard apes (even if uber intelligent) lack the mental strength to form complex words.

15. shiruken

shiruken Ancient

We did not descend from apes. We share a common ancestor with apes.

16. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

How many buildings have you climbed onto where you just had an urge to jump?

I speak for myself at least in saying I don't get that urge when I'm on a building.

17. makisupa007

makisupa007 Ancient

Many primates don't lack the mental capacity for speech they just lack the vocal chords for it. They are smart enough to understand what we are trying to communicate, they just can't form the correct sounds with their vocal equipment.

Chimpanzees have been able to learn between 50 and 100 words in sign language and are able to communicate with their handlers.

18. Dreaddraco2

Dreaddraco2 Ancient

He's been playing prototype and thinks if he falls, he takes no damage but makes a cool dent in the ground/smokescreen.

19. hyabusa1337

hyabusa1337 Ancient

im catholic and i believe that evolution is the answer to how and not why we evolve, i believe that god created us to have the ability to evolve because without the ability to evolve we would die because we wouldn't be strong or smart enough to survive with our predators and nature and he had meant for our race to evolve from primitive beings into the top of the food chain and make advances in technology and medicine because we are the smartest species on the planet.

20. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

Well then God should have made us perfect in form enough to not need to evolve, that we would never need any corrections to survive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.