Debate Creation or Evolution?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by God Of Forge, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

God isn't matter, God exists outside of matter/time/space and universal laws do not apply outside of the universe.

2. Sephire124

Sephire124 Ancient

Ah space is but a dimmension. Why can't God exist outside the 4 dimmensions that you and I understand? I can't explain how God is outside this dimmension because if I could, then he really wouldn't be outside it. Your thinking only 3 dimensionally here.

3. Nitrous

Nitrous Ancient

That's a poor argument from ignorance.

4. Sephire124

Sephire124 Ancient

who are you talking to

5. Nitrous

Nitrous Ancient

You, tiger.

6. Mr Garfunkle

Mr Garfunkle Ancient

I stand in between on this bit. Evolution is hard to dismiss, it makes total sense, and natural selection has been proven. Genes that are necessary for survival are passed down more often because they are more likely to survive and mate. I do, though believe that God exists and created the universe. I don't think he said plop and put adam and eve right down there.

My reason to believe that a God exists mainly comes from the fact that the universe needed matter to start with, and matter doesn't just appear without some cause. I don't know where God came from, but I'll try to let faith handle that.

Also there was some earlier talk about man coming from monkeys. This is NOT true. We are only related. Man came from earlier man. We may have similar ancestors as primates, but we are not evolved monkeys.

7. Sephire124

Sephire124 Ancient

Well since you have nothing to say I would say you are the ignorant one.

8. Ethrock

Ethrock Ancient

Prove that he exists first.

9. RadiantRain

RadiantRain Ancient

It's Called Faith!

Also, my recoil would be. Show me where matter first originated from.

10. RacoonSniper 13

RacoonSniper 13 Ancient

I'll somewhat attempt to take you up on this offer and my this purpose just assumen that the Big Bang theory is 100% correct.

The universe is suspected to have been formed i think its something like 12.4 billion years ago. About something like 5 years ago, math has been unusable at Time 0 (the actual event of the big bang). Recentlyish scientists have been able to re-create the big bang on a microscopic event.

You may not believe this to be true but then why did the scientists at CERN trap antimatter. Antimatter is ultimately matter but with all electric charges reversed so electrons are positive, protons negative. ANTIMATTER DOES NOT EXIST IN OUR OWN UNIVERSE.

Like I said, I'd somewhat try to take you up on that offer its 12:23am so yea...

11. Nitrous

Nitrous Ancient

Just so you know, "god is extant" is logically prerequisite to "god's existence is necessary."

Faith ain't gonna cut it.

Then how could we trap it? Better yet, how could we prove it? Antimatter does exist in our universe.

12. RacoonSniper 13

RacoonSniper 13 Ancient

By some sort of particle collision scientists at CERN were able to create antimatter...i ment to say it doesnt occur naturallly it has to be created.

The link somewhat helps...im half asleep sorry...

13. Nitrous

Nitrous Ancient

It was there at the moment of creation so why isn't it natural? If it exists in our universe its natural. It has been around as long as matter has, it either isn't as prevalent or exists on the other side of the universe.

14. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

I don't have to prove that he exists to tell you what he is.

15. Nitrous

Nitrous Ancient

Say heh? You may be able to provide attributes of the concept of god but you cannot provide attributes of god until you prove god exists.

16. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

We can say perfection is flawless, we can define it, but do we have evidence of something perfect?

17. Ethrock

Ethrock Ancient

Demonstrate matter originated.

18. Nitrous

Nitrous Ancient

Perfection is a concept not an actuality. It's in the mind.

19. EGP

EGP Ancient

Basically there is no physical evidence to prove that God exists. The only thing that we can use is faith. But that doesn't work for you. Usually when it comes to down to the conclusion evolution wins, but that doesn't mean the are correct. Debates rely on facts more than opinions. Religion is based on opinion, therefor evolution gets the advantage.

20. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

Who's to say God isn't the same way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.