Debate Creation or Evolution?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by God Of Forge, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiizzle

whiizzle Ancient

umm sorry to post this thing again, but pigglez was in the wrong section. it's a good thing i pointed it out now because just think of all those negative nancys that might come out of this simple mistake.

2. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

RAWR DIABLO!!! WHY YOU B PUTTIN ME IN TEH WRONG SECSHUNZ!!!!! ARE YOU RACIST???? RAWR!!!!

lol I don't think its a big deal... mistakes happen. No one is perfect. ;P

3. whiizzle

whiizzle Ancient

EXCEPT FOR JESUS!!!, and lets not go over this again!

but yes he must be racist

4. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

What proof is there that Jesus was perfect? I don't remember going over that.

And yea totally racist.

5. whiizzle

whiizzle Ancient

6. STWOW

STWOW Ancient

But, Nitrous already told me/everyone about what theories are, maybe you should go back and see what to missed.

7. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

LionsNate that page didn't prove anything. All you did was abruptly comment that Jesus is perfect. Then Nitrous asked by what standard, and then scarecrow explained and there was barely a discussion. So "go over it again" is more like, start for the first time now.

8. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

Its not God's fault for that. Its your, mine, and everybody's fault for that. Don't blame your problems on God.

It was a joke. There's nearly nothing to debate about it. Gravity attracts objects. Woot.

Consider it this way. Say you give everybody whatever they want, as long as they show compassion for you. You tell them what to do, and if they follow you they will succeed greatly and could have eternal life. However there's a catch. If they disobey, bad stuff will happen. There is no benefit to disobeying. Do you blame it on God then? Humanity put the genocide on themselves by not listening. Regardless if God did it or not, if it wasn't for our dumb decision, it wouldn't have happened in the first place. Its as if you and a community of people are given a rare option to destroy everything, and everyone. However you're told not to, the benefits are great if you don't, you will be successful, live an eternal life, and be very happy throughout your life. However, if you decide to destroy everything, you do it for no benefit - just self want and desire. And then what? You're dead anyway so you don't gain anything.

Also, care to explain why when I click last page it sends me to the most recent page I posted on? Its getting quite annoying and then I reply not realizing there was already an answer / etc.

#608 aMoeba, May 14, 2009
    Last edited: May 14, 2009
  9. Ethrock

Ethrock Ancient

Yes we would. Idiots argue things they don't understand. Did you not do any actual research before retorting my statement?

Search;

Nylonase Bacterium
    Australopithecus Afarensis
    Tiktaalikk
    Archeopteryx (and if you claim; that ones a hoax! you truly are a moronic buffoon, because Archeopteryx wasn't a hoax, Archeoraptor was.)

To name only a few.

I recommend you pick up a book on Biology sometime, or actually take the time to look into the lieterally hundreds of species transitions that have been observed by humans! There are as I said before, so many cases of species transitions that scientists actually have to classify them.

If you had an ounce of will to actually go and recognize anything slightly resembling reality, and do a little research, your statement would not hav been made.

10. RadiantRain

RadiantRain Ancient

But they are collections, they are not the entire truth, small details can have a big impact on how things are viewed, so therefore we can still say that the Big Bang theory could be false.

11. Ethrock

Ethrock Ancient

Of course, but first evidence must be presented that directly contradicts the theory or any particular part of it. This applies for all theories.

12. RadiantRain

RadiantRain Ancient

But if it's not completely true it is not true regardless...

13. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

A bully bullies a victim. The victim has always tried to be nice to the bully, offering friendship and help with schoolwork.. but warns the bully that if the bully doesnt stop, the victim will make bad things happen to the bully. The bully has no incentive to do bad things, but he does anyway. He IS human. He IS flawed. Eventually, the victim comes in with a shotgun and shoots the bully.

Is that homicide, or the fact that the bully brought it on himself makes it a-ok that the victim would go and commit an act of homicide.

The point being, no matter how you say "X brought it on themselves" or w/e... the point is that genocide is genocide, no matter how you try and make that seem like it was a good thing to do.

14. whiizzle

whiizzle Ancient

so are you saying that God is the victim? or the bully? because you stated the bully was flawed.

15. EonsAgo

EonsAgo Ancient

If ever I run into such a problem, I open up dictionary.com. And who are you to dictate what NORMAL words are hmm?!?!
    You have committed the same mistake you were arguing against. "Definitely" not a fact? Woah there.

If perfection is possible, how would we know when we see it? We, as you said, have never reached it. How do you know God is perfect if he can't prove it to you?
    These kinds of comments are best kept for when you have a real post to stick it with.
    So God can sit by, watch a guy get shot even though he could save him, and be fine with that. "At least he's in Heaven now." Oh, paid him a visit have you?
    In your case, you regard the bible as a collection of info right? The same thing as a theory...? So the bible, using this logic, could also be false.

16. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

Yes God is the victim in that situation. But I am not saying that he is a victim of anything, Im just comparing the victim to God as the nice guy who promises good things in return for good deeds, but threatens bad things if the bully, or humanity, isn't good. And so the bully continued, and so the victim, God, shoots the bully, like God killing all with the flood.

17. RadiantRain

RadiantRain Ancient

I never said the Bible was correct, I just believe that there is a God.

18. RabidZergling

RabidZergling Ancient

Richard Dawkins is great :)

While I'm here I just want to remind everybody of something: this debate was over before it began. Unless creationists can give some kind of evidence for their theory, it can't even be considered a theory nor can someone logically argue for it. This isn't "Evolution vs Anything Else" - it's "Evolution vs Creation" and creation is already out.
    This thread has turned into a god argument more than anything else, which is a completely different topic.

#618 RabidZergling, May 14, 2009
  19. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

Are you joking? I truly, truly hope you're being sarcastic at least in some form. Evolution is NOT a fact. I've done much research on evolution, don't start making assumptions, you ignorant dude. Evolution is a theory, not a fact.

#619 aMoeba, May 14, 2009
  20. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

Did you just call someone an ignorant twat in a debate? ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.