Debate Creation or Evolution?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by God Of Forge, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EonsAgo

EonsAgo Ancient

This isn't really debating. If you're going to give ambiguous answers, then that means either:
    A) Your beliefs are unspecific.
    B) You are afraid to use (and test) your beliefs in debating.

What is perfect? The best? Compared to what?
    What if I was the best artist in the world? Would I be perfect?
    God may be better than us in all ways... but is he perfect?

#561 EonsAgo, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
  2. RadiantRain

RadiantRain Ancient

God made us imperfect, but that is what we see as perfection, perhaps God did make us perfect

Supports how our imperfection could be perfection.

Perhaps we are perfect, but what we perceive is that we are not perfect.

I hope that explains it a little more.

3. STWOW

STWOW Ancient

If god made us perfect, but we do not see ourselves as perfect, means we perceive perfection differently than God does. That means that since we are perfect, we should think the same as God, unless we are not actually perfect, or God is not perfect.

#563 STWOW, May 13, 2009
  4. EonsAgo

EonsAgo Ancient

You're redefining terms. When we refer to "perfect" that means, using your example, a 100% round sphere. Even if perfect is different to God, is he perfect according to our definition?

5. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

Wait how is the earths imperfection making the universe perfect? Making it look better lol, like putting an ugly person next to you so you look good.

( XD ) joking lol...

but just saying please explain that thought...

6. STWOW

STWOW Ancient

A puzzle piece is not perfect, but the complete puzzle is, I think is what he means, though I do not agree.

7. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

That isn't a bad conception of the idea.. but I think the difference is that if the earth was destroyed, which it eventually will be, the universe can go on just fine. However, in a puzzle, if you lose a piece to it, then the entire puzzle is thrown off...

8. STWOW

STWOW Ancient

We are more perfect, but not because we have Apendixes and Tonsils lol

9. EonsAgo

EonsAgo Ancient

Final thought before I stop procrastinating:
    Everything might be doing its job well.
    But that doesn't mean... things couldn't be better.
    ...Doesn't mean things are perfect.

10. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

So basically, the idea is that the original concept is to be imperfect, so it is being perfect at being imperfect.

@STWOW: Tonsils have a purpose. They help with your immune system.

@Eons... FFFFUUUU posting my idea in an incredibly simplified form... lol ;P
    But that is just saying that it is doing a good job. My parents (hypothetically) may know that lets say Im a bad student. A C is a great grade for me. One quater, I get a C on every class. I am doing a perfect job at the expectations set for me, but am I a perfect being, school wise? Not if I have a C average... An A+ would be perfect. Then technically I am more than perfect.

Which makes me think, if the earth is supposed to be imperfect, an its already doing this stellar, perfect job at being imperfect, then if the earth was to somehow, maybe from more meteor impacts and tectonic plate shifters, become a perfect sphere, is it more than perfect because its is better than it was before, or imperfect and doing an imperfect job of being imperfect because it isn't as imperfect as expected of it, even though it is tecnically doing better if you look at it as a perfect sphere to an oblate sphereoid...

#570 Pigglez, May 13, 2009
  11. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

Maybe not, but the idea is that the earth as an imperfect planet is needed for the universe to be perfect. If the matter that held the earth together is no longer the earth, it is no longer fulfilling that purpose, thus rendering the universe imperfect.

Also, what about mine (and Eons) post?

12. STWOW

STWOW Ancient

My mistake... Coccyx, Plica Semilunaris, Appendix, and all muscles in the ear.

13. STWOW

STWOW Ancient

But, if God was perfect, he wouldn't be lazy.

14. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

Well yea I think it can be like that, but I think the way the earth will eventually be destroyed will be less from lack of ability to survive than survival of the fittest. Or like...

besides teh fact that the earth is abiotic and really cant be compared to the fight for survival in a species.

The way I see it, if we as a species don't blow up the earth, what will really literally destroy the planet, and not a giant meteor, will if nothing else, be teh suns death and explosion into a super giant.

But anyway... the earth isn't fighting for survival. It isn't rivaled against Venus and Mars to see who can survive...

15. STWOW

STWOW Ancient

Why not? Earth has inhabitants but, Venus and Mars are still planets.

16. Ethrock

Ethrock Ancient

Evolution is a fact. Check the hundreds of demonstrated examples both in and out of the lab. Speciation has classifications because it occurs so often. The exact mechanics such as Random Genetic Mutation and Natural Selection, their importance and position within the process is all debatable. The process itself has been shown repeatedly to occur.

17. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

[​IMG]

I honestly hope you're joking. If evolution was a fact, we wouldn't be arguing now would we?

Who are you to label lazy as not an attribute of perfection?

#577 aMoeba, May 14, 2009
    Last edited: May 14, 2009
  18. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

We have a working system that explains how the universe came to be (big bang), and how humans came to be (evolution). This "system" would create the universe and humans if god existed, and this "system" would create the universe and humans if god DIDN'T exist. Why make more assumptions than are necessary?

I could claim a watch worked because of an intricate system of gears which are kept in motion by a prolonged chemical reaction taking place in a battery. If I said this was true and that the watch was also MAGIC, which would you believe? The explanation that makes sense or the explanation that makes sense AND can't be proven.

19. Dreaddraco2

Dreaddraco2 Ancient

Perfection is impossible.
    It's like the horizon, no matter how far you go, it's always a step ahead.

20. whiizzle

whiizzle Ancient

Jesus is perfect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.