COWBOYS STADIUM (Grifball)

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by Pman17, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Pman17

Pman17 Ancient

✩COWBOYS STADIUM✩

This is a map of the Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington designed specifically for Bungie's Vanilla Grifball game variant.

Requirements
    -Players: 4-8
    -Custom Game: Vanilla Grifball
    -Version: 2.0

Outside the Stadium

[​IMG]
    As seen in the above image, the forged map has the basic elements of the Cowboys Stadium which are the two arches that supports the massive retractable roof and the gigantic jumbo tron. There is also the main North entrance shown in this picture which was designed to mimic the curvature of the stadium.

[​IMG]
    The picture above is a closer image of that North main entrance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Inside the Stadium
    [​IMG]
    Inside the stadium I wasn't able to install stands because of the limit on blocks and walls, but I was able to incorporate the main elements of the stadium. The biggest of all is the large iconic jumbo tron. Looking at the jumbo tron, the Cowboys logo is shown on the screen. Looking down, there is the main grifball field sunken into the ground just like the real Cowboys Stadium. I inserted two field goals on each end zone for decoration and if anybody wants to insert a grifball goal if they wanted to.

[​IMG]
    Here is a closer look at those field goals and the grifball field.

[​IMG]
    This last photo shows the other side of the jumbo tron. Look familiar? I placed XLV which represents the number of which Super Bowl was held at the Cowboys Stadium on February 6, 2011, Steelers v. Packers.

[​IMG]

What's next in version 3.0...

-better aligned geometry
    -roof improvements
    -more game variant support

#1 Pman17, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  2. x LeGiT PopTart

x LeGiT PopTart Forerunner

dude, this map is pretty sloppy. it looks like u just threw together that entrance in 5 minutes... im not trying to be mean but hopefully my "contructive crtiscism" will get you to take your time. Its not all bad, it has a couple of cool features and is somewhat well put together. But take your time, its a good idea.

3. DeStarfighter

DeStarfighter Forerunner

yeah. I have to agree whith "x LeGiT PopTart" the parts doesnt seem to be connected in a clean way. the main Idea of the structure is fine but in this form it seems more like a sketch of the real map. take a little more time to put the pieces togheter properly and you will have a great map ;P

4. anime halo

anime halo Forerunner

this map could use some serous help...get some referrences of the stadium make it look more like it and then make usre you have rotation snap on so that you can get objects to be better placed and please spend some time actully working on this map...:/

5. Pman17

Pman17 Ancient

Thanks for the comments. I will make more fine adjustments to the geometry. It's tough getting the flat roof blocks at the right angle.

6. hollow123

hollow123 Forerunner

sorry but i agree this map looks pretty bad sadly if your at least willing to rebuild this map then i might download but right now its not looking the greatest. Sorry, but i do hope to see this be rebuilt and become a very nice map. :D

7. Pman17

Pman17 Ancient

I'm about to place version 2 online. I've read the comments and adjusted the walls, did small improvements to the roof, aligned the jumbo tron, perfected the field goal posts, fixed the sloppiness of the entrance, aligned the sliding doors, and added a parking lot. Version 2 is a lot cleaner and nice. The structure items have been almost maxed out in quantity so it can't be detailed more. After version 2, version 3 will be perfected in block alignment and there will be added game variants.

Update: Version 2.0 is now online!

#7 Pman17, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011