CONTEST: Take this off my hands. (Prize inside!)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Ozarka, May 23, 2009.

1. Ozarka

Ozarka Ancient

Whenever the Mythic Map Pack first came out, I was so eager, like many of you, to get my hands on Sandbox and begin working. I started working on a map, which seemed to have a lot of potential. It was flowing perfectly. But suddenly I just completely lost inspiration and moved on to other projects. Sadly, this map was left to sit and collect dust. So today I came across the perfect idea - why not let some fellow forgers give it a go.

So, I'm here to present to you all a contest. Im giving you all my unfinished creation, for you to finish it. Please give it a go, I'm really hoping some experienced forgers give this a shot. There are limitless possibilities for this map, and I am really interested to see what you come up with. The submission date for this contest is July 1st. After that, I will spend a few days judging and playtesting each map, and reveal the results. If you decide take take on this challenge, let me know in this thread. Like I said, I really hope a lot of you test your creativity with this. Oh, and one more thing that may interest you - first and second place winners get their choice of a One Month XBL code or 1000 MS points. Hopefully that should encourage some of the lazy ones.
    Here are two overview pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, on to judging, I will judge the maps based on 4 THINGS - gameplay, creativity, cleanness, and the fact that no original object was moved. I will test each map with Team Slayer, 4v4. Also, if any of you are interested in testing the maps, let me know. I can use all the help I can get.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
    • This map has been budget glitched. If you need to refresh your memory on the rules of the ultimate budget glitch, go here.
    • Several objects have been maxed out. You can use these objects, but if you delete them, you will not get them back. (objects have been set aside on the Skybubble grid)
    • Several objects have only been placed once. You can use these and spawn more, but if you delete them, you will not be able to get them back. (also set aside)
    RULES:

- The original structure MUST be incorporated into the final map.

- You cannot delete/move ANY original object, EXCEPT for
    1. The teleporter taking you to the Skybubble.
    2. The mancannon/teleporter issue I was having. Feel free to fix this, or delete in. (Shown below)
    3. The extra objects set aside on the Skybubble grid. Those are completely usable, just be careful not to delete them. (Also shown below)
    4. The objects stored in the crypt. All these are perfectly usable.
    - You CAN interlock other objects into original objects.
    - You CAN change respawn times for the original weapons/grenades.
    - This map must be made suitable for Team Slayer.
    - It must be given a cool name.

[​IMG]
    I could not get either one of these devices to take me to the designated area I was looking for. You can fix either one, or just delete it altogether.​

[​IMG]
    Maxed out items to the left, first-timers to the right.​

PRIZES:
    • First Place - Choice between 1000 MS Points and 1 month XBL code.
    • Second Place - Whatever first place doesn't want.
    UPDATE!! WINNERS ANNOUNCED

1st PLACE WINNER
    Transmogrifier
    ehand88

[​IMG]
    Gameplay: 8.5/10
    Creativity: 9.5/10
    Cleanness: 10/10
    Original Objescts: 10/10
    OVERALL: 9.5/10

2nd PLACE WINNER
    Tele-Port
    MDIGN

[​IMG]
    Gameplay: 7/10
    Creativity: 7.5/10
    Cleanness: 7.5/10
    Original Objects: 10/10
    OVERALL: 8/10

So, there you have it. The winners have been announced. Thanks to all those who participated. Winners: your prize codes will be given shortly via private message.

#1 Ozarka, May 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  2. ewren3

ewren3 Ancient

dl'ed for the challenge.... can we delete the other teleporters though?

3. Ozarka

Ozarka Ancient

Yes, yes you can.

4. Nestik

Nestik Ancient

Think i can do something with this :D i'll take your challenge good sir.

5. Ozarka

Ozarka Ancient

Good to have you onboard Forsaken.
    Im not sure if I stated this earlier, but when you guys are finished with the map, just submit it in this thread and I will take it from there. Any thoughts on a date to end the submissions?

6. Eculc

Eculc Ancient

sweet, I'll DL tomorrow...dont have my xbox today :p

I'll see what I can come up with...

7. ehand88

ehand88 Ancient

This sounds like a great idea. I just downloaded and will start working on it soon. As far as the whole timetable thing goes, I was thinking maybe 2-3 weeks (even though I usually work pretty fast). You could probably get a fair amount of submissions by then. Also, are we allowed only one submission, and if not, are you allowed to edit a previous submission. I'll check back soon.

8. Rho Fs

Rho Fs 2x2 Forge Judge

sounds good. iM in.

9. iSpLiT DoMeZz

iSpLiT DoMeZz Ancient

I dl'd so im in. when is the contest gonna end?

10. iSpLiT DoMeZz

iSpLiT DoMeZz Ancient

I dl'd so im in. when is the contest gonna end?

11. Ozarka

Ozarka Ancient

Ok, so the confirmed submission date is July 1. All maps wanting to be judged should be turned in before that date. However, if this seems too soon for some of you, let me know and I would be glad to work it out. I'm pretty flexible.
    I'm very pleased to see all the interest so far. Please keep it coming guys!

Ehand, you can submit as many maps as you want. If one is a revision of a previous version, just let me know and I will judge the latest one.

And still, spots are open for playtesting after the maps have been submitted. Any takers?

#11 Ozarka, May 25, 2009
    Last edited: May 25, 2009
  12. HunTedMeat

HunTedMeat Ancient

Seems like an interesting challenge, I'll give it a go. By the way, can we move the original objects as well or do we have to only use new objects?

13. Ozarka

Ozarka Ancient

Ok, you must leave the original structure I've created as it lays, you can't move/delete any of those objects (except for the teleporters/mancannon). This contest is to see how you can incorporate that structure into a playable map. You can add new objects to it, you can use the extra items off to the side in skybubble, and you may also use all the objects in the crypt.

Sorry for the confusion :( hopefully that clears things up. If not, let me know and I will try to explain it better.

#13 Ozarka, May 25, 2009
    Last edited: May 25, 2009
  14. Nestik

Nestik Ancient

Not sure i'd say give us a month or two. give's us some more time to add think and perfect :D

15. Cerberus Beast

Cerberus Beast Ancient

The beast is in. I agree with Forsaken, time is of the essence. Anyway, the initial structures immediately lend themselves to an asymmetrical design, but should be fun to work from.

16. Ozarka

Ozarka Ancient

Ok, so due to several requests, the submission date will be pushed back to July 1st.

And beast, glad you've decided to join in. When I initially started construction on this map I definately had asymmetrical in mind. Good call!

17. Nestik

Nestik Ancient

Are we allowed to do collabs? :D

18. Ozarka

Ozarka Ancient

You sure can forsaken! Who might this collab be with?

19. sonofnight94

sonofnight94 Ancient

I'm definetly not the greatest forger in the world, but I'll take a crack at it.

20. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

I will partake in the challenge.