Contented Struggle(Invasion)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by I am 50tyson, May 26, 2011.

1. I am 50tyson

I am 50tyson Forerunner

The Covenant are knocking on the front our front door. This is our last chance to repel the invasion at the Northern front. If we fail and they destroy our defenses all is lost!

This is an Invasion map that is geared towards high intensity combat mixed with slight long range gamplay.

This is the Dam AKA the first stage in the battle
    [​IMG]

The 2nd stage is a basic S.A.M turret that the Covenant must destroy to get to the last defense the UNSC has.
    [​IMG]

3rd and last stage. The last weapon humans have to ward off any attack. Defend with your life
    [​IMG]

This is my FIRST map ever made on halo reach so any advice to make it better would be great.
    It'll be up within the next week depending how the beta testing will go.
    If you'd like to join in on the beta testing leave you GT and I'll be sure to add you.

#1 I am 50tyson, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  2. PO PO RONNIE

PO PO RONNIE Ancient

For a first map this map looks great! As for making it better it's hard to tell but I'd recommend putting some more cover around stage 2. Umm maybe if you put more pics I we could tell you more but again it looks great and I wouldn't mind helping out with beta testing so add me GT:Cod4 Jarhead

3. Rho Fs

Rho Fs 2x2 Forge Judge

I'm loving that bridge. Hopefully it plays well, because it certainly looks awesome

4. Tedium

Tedium Lead Writer

After the SAM turret is destroyed, do the covenant gain access to aerial vehicles? That would not only great more diverse gameplay, but would also add authenticity and realism to the invasion theme.

The bridge looks nice, but I'd be worried that the gameplay would grow stale. The only cover there seems to be the objects floating around in the middle, and I'm not sure where the objective is. It seems like there is little room for spawning/respawning and that spawn-killing could happen. I'm just going off of the pictures up there at the moment, so I might be wrong.

The map also looks a little small to me. The entirety of what I've seen looks like the right size for a single phase, not three but if you add a little more, this could become quite nice. However, for your first map, very well done!

5. I am 50tyson

I am 50tyson Forerunner

I'm considering putting a banshee in there but I haven't put to much though into it yet. For the first stage though I don't see there being a spawn camping problem being that the Covenant don't spawn on the bridge and that they'll have a ghost. As for the cover I'm still working on it. But overall thanks for the advice, I'll be sure change things up and keep everyone updated with pictures.