Containment

Discussion in 'Reach Casual Maps' started by xXPhilyBluntsXx, Dec 7, 2010.

1. xXPhilyBluntsXx

xXPhilyBluntsXx Forerunner

Containment is a research facility that was dedicated to studying a strange disease that was encountered during mankind's search for suitable worlds for colonization outside of the Sol System. Oni hoped to use this disease to its advantage further increasing the speed, strength, and resilience of the already super soldier spartans. Unfortunately due to a sudden drop of this research facilities power grid the test subject escaped from the containment field and the next great zombie outbreak was on their hands...

This map is centered around a containment field that litterally traps the zombie for the first 55 seconds of the game. Around this containment field is a sprawling space with multiple levels and bridges moving ever higher till you reach the ceiling giving you lots of places to try and hold out and keeping your brain off the dinner menu. I strongly suggest you use 55 seconds that the zombie is trapped to get find a decent hiding spot because when the lights go out the zombie will make its escape and Im betting its really hungry, and highly pissed off from being trapped in a containment field. This map is alot of fun and can get pretty intense when you know that the zombie is comming but no idea where the hell from! (This map is a collaboration and a special Thanks to SsTtOeNvEeR420 is in order the layout of the bridge system and bases are largely his brain child.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This zombie is eating good tonight ...

[​IMG]

#1 xXPhilyBluntsXx, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  2. TNort17

TNort17 Forerunner

This game looks like it could be really fun because of how it changes from light to dark. That's a really good idea nice job.

3. HMSGOVIER

HMSGOVIER Forerunner

LOVE the idea of this map, the containment field is the first thing ive seen like it, very original map giving it a download.

4. xXPhilyBluntsXx

thanks I appreciate the compliment I came up with the idea one day when I was on work at break and decided that I had to build a map around it.

5. Tgauchsin

Tgauchsin Forerunner

Nice map

I used your map and game type at a recent Halo party. We loved it but did find one thing, If the zombie is killed by the live players, he respawns outside of the actual structure in the forge world. Made it difficult to finish the game. Other than that, The way you have it set up is downright amazing!!!

6. xXPhilyBluntsXx

Looked into the issue and I think it was actually the game type that caused this Ill get it fixed and reload the game type till then if you do a regular infection and set it to have one zombie start it works flawlessly. Thanks for the heads up.

#6 xXPhilyBluntsXx, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  7. Neon1129

Neon1129 Forerunner

This is a fun map to play but it seemed like sometimes 55 seconds of waiting was too long :|. I can easily see why it needs the time but maybe instead of 55 seconds you could move the chamber thing to another location and make it about 25-30.

Just a thought

8. xXPhilyBluntsXx

lol yeah I can see it a pain to have to wait, but we came up with that time by extensively play testing the map and in this game the zombie has a huge advantage over the humans and this time allows for them to get in a good spot to hide from the zombie. Atleast while you are waiting you can watch where everyone is running too ;)

9. anime halo

anime halo Forerunner

Ive made a test lab...but out of curiosty...what are the settings of the humans and the zombies and how many levels are there to the research facilty and could you post some screen shots of the other levels?

10. Warriorii

Warriorii Forerunner

this is really unique and ive never seen something like this before especially the part when the lights go out but you should show some more pictures displaying the hiding spots and bridges and everything

11. taka44

taka44 Forerunner

haha i downloaded this map b4 i got the forge hub account all my friends and the entire clan love it thought ud wanna hear that :)