Constriction

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Incinerat3d, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Incinerat3d

Incinerat3d Ancient

Constriction-updated

]DOWNLOAD HERE-http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=26891470&viewreplies=true#end

Discription:
    My latest map, it is a huge improvement of Constricted which was only useful for snipers. This map is excellent for team slayer and lone wolves. It is a very fast paced map and it is very well made. Everything is jumpable to the next making it a easy to navigate map. My friends and i worked hard on it. I think this would be a great doubles map.

Weapons:
    Br x10
    Sniper x2
    Carbine x4
    Mauler x1
    Needler x2
    Plasma x6
    Frag x6
    Bubble Sheild x2
    P-Drain x2
    Camo x1

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    THIS IS OF THE NEW UPDATE OF THE MAP AND THIS IS THE ONLY NEW PIC

#1 Incinerat3d, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  2. n1n3CAL

n1n3CAL Ancient

This map has lots of potential. Just clean up a few things here and there and it should be a pretty decent map. 3/5

3. Chron

Chron Ancient

ok overall i rate this a 3/5 and heres my reason: the best thing the to me is the geo merging all the walls look unstraight (if thats a word) but it still looks playable make another version with interlocking and fixed walls

4. bobsagetismyhro

bobsagetismyhro Ancient

what I do like about this map is the Geomerging, however the interlocking could use a little help. It looks kinda fun. Maybe you could be a v2 and clean up the interlocking.

5. spectraltravis

spectraltravis Ancient

i like its just kinda open

6. whitehalo3

whitehalo3 Ancient

Ok, at first glance the map didn't look good all because of the bridges in the middle. It does look like a good map as I looked at it but if you flipped over the bridges in the middle the map would look a lot cleaner. I know that it is just one thing but everybody will see that because it is in the middle of the map. Also the walls that block the other area need to be straight. The weapons seem balanced and you also did a great job with the cover and spawn placement. Another good thing about it is the creativity of the bases. The only place that needs cover is the steps in the first picture. Put a barrier there and it would look better. Overall: You need to flip over the bridges in the middle and interlock them and that will do a lot on the eye appealing. You did a great job with the bases and everything mentioned above. I hope to see another map from you and please tell me if you do post another map. 4/5. I hoped this helped.

7. Incinerat3d

Incinerat3d Ancient

thx for the comments i need people to download and play so i know how you feel about that, i want to know if it would make a good matchmaking doubles map

8. Incinerat3d

Incinerat3d Ancient

whitehalo, ill get rite on those changes, when i first had the bridges fliped the other way i couldnt get them to stop flashing thats the only reason its like that

9. TheDarkKnight05

TheDarkKnight05 Ancient

I agree that the map has a lot of potential. The geomerging looks pretty awesome. But some of the interlocking looks really sloppy. The thing that I think you can work on is the layout. The layout looks really thrown together and just is left there.

Some parts in the map look really crowded and some other look really empty. So I would really try to find that balance point in the geometry of the map

So yeah, the map has a lot of potential if you clean the spots up.

10. De Wy El Ay En

De Wy El Ay En Ancient

the map looks great! cleanly interlocked, i think i see some geomerging too. cool idea, just clean upthe ap a bit. i especially like that its not very far spread, meaning ts not wide open.

just fix the text color,
    its hard to read stuf that looks like this

overall 3/5

11. Obibital

Obibital Ancient

This is a map i would play swat or MLG on. it has potential for alot of things as people have already said, the center peice looks messy adn bumpy from what i could see and the boundry wall looks a little crooked too. its those small things that make a good map a great map. try fixing those next time. overall the layout looks pretty original and new the gameplay looks like its full of open and confined areas. very nice but try a little better next time and use spawn areas in hte future if you haven't.

Good luck forging

12. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

Exactly what I was thinking. This almost feels like an MLG-style map that was thrown together. I wouldn't change too much of the central structure, which looks pretty nice, but the rest of the map feels either empty, or unoriginal. I know that you are allowed to make whatever you want to make, but do you want the real reason for why I wouldn't download this? Because I've seen this before. It feels like a stripped-down version of Onslaught and Amplified. It's just... meh.

#12 Awkward Silence, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  13. Sirant

Sirant Ancient

it looks really open to me
    maybe add some more walls or crates or something

14. Incinerat3d

Incinerat3d Ancient

its not very open at all

15. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Ancient

I can see interlocking and geo-merging. However it looks sloppy, create a V2 with cleaned up 'locking and I'll download. From what I can see..
    3/5

16. Incinerat3d

Incinerat3d Ancient

its really fun for mlg i just played it

17. doomsdayassault

doomsdayassault Ancient

the map looks great. i would dowload but the link to bungie.net is broke for me. please make more maps 4.5/5

18. Incinerat3d

Incinerat3d Ancient

if the link at the top dont work just use the one in my signiture

19. Incinerat3d

Incinerat3d Ancient

my new updated map has a fixed middle but its stills the same link and name

20. EGP

EGP Ancient

Wow this map seems very interesting. Some parts have interlocking and geomerging and other parts dont.

I actually like this map I think it could have great gameplay.

Good job 4/5