Constriction v2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by haruki jitsunin, Feb 12, 2008.

1. haruki jitsunin

haruki jitsunin Ancient

Click here to Download the map!

This level is a close-range, 3-level, symetrical map designed for slayer, team slayer, and capture the flag.

What I changed since volume 1:
    I added two grav lifts to add one more access point to each base. I moved the brute shot so it's not next to the spawn points, I removed the regenerator and placed an energy drain in its place. I removed the already-existent energy drains, and I changed the sword to a hammer. All these changes have made for a smoother, less one-sided battle.

Detailed description
    This level is named constriction because there are only threechoke points in order to get from one base to the other. There is an equal battlefield between said choke points. The power weapons in this level are: Rockets and Hammer. The rockets only have two shots as to make sure they aren't overpowered and to get the Hammer, one must fall directly into the main battle field to nerf its overusefulness in this level. There are two gravlifts placed ever-so conveniently on the first level to allow for one more access to each base, there is also one power drain in the middle of the primary battlefield. There is an overshield at either base, directly under the flag in capture the flag, becasue, in capture the flag, either team only respawns in their own base. Other weapons include: Battle rifle x4, brute shot x2, smg x 4, plasma pistol x2. There are also various plasma and spike grenades.

To address one concern that was posted in the original thread for constiction, the distinction between either base is actually labelled. There is a base A and base B as shown on the signs.

I really appreciate all critiques and suggestions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gorebound

gorebound Ancient

Re: Constriction, Volume 2

Hmm... there's something wierd about your link, it says that your map has been removed. If you want people to test your map out you probably should fix that.

3. BulletScope

BulletScope Ancient

this looks very neat and well thought out, nice work kiddo

4. Projectt2501

Projectt2501 Ancient

Looks nice, might be worth a download.

5. haruki jitsunin

haruki jitsunin Ancient

Re: Constriction, Volume 2(updated link to download)

Oh, I'm sorry everyone, I used the link for the old map. Now the new link should work.

6. The publishing fiend

is anyone here?

7. haruki jitsunin

haruki jitsunin Ancient

I am here, why do you ask?