Constantly exploding fusion coils

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by NTG, Feb 13, 2008.

1. NTG

NTG Ancient

when I see a map with like the whole field getting destroyed by fusion coils it's ant instant turn-off for me. If you want to block off a part of the map, why can't you just use walls? Chances are the game would just be laggy too.

How do you guys feel about this?

2. The Jon B

The Jon B Ancient

Agreed.

Although I did have an idea recently to make a game of dodgeball using a line of constantly exploding fusion coils as the line between the two teams. Never really materialized into anything.

I think if you can incorporate the exploding coils into the map with respect to playability, it's fine. Otherwise, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Use a freaking wall.

3. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

This is the first 'trick' I learned how to do. I made a map in High Ground that had constantly exploding coils in the base to keep people from going outside. With a group of four people the game lagged like crazy. Not to mention the fact that the noise drove me nearly insane. One or two at intervals is ok, but otherwise it's a bad idea and I now generally consider it to be the mark of a novice Forger. If you want to keep a player out of an area, use that brain of yours to figure out a more clever way to do it. It'll make people realize that you put more time and energy into the creation of your map.

4. JediWithASniper

JediWithASniper Ancient

I agree for the most part, I think I have seen one map that looked like it had potential with the falling fusion coils, but again, that's almost all that was on the map. It seems as though everyone under the age of about 15 loves fusion coils because they blow up.

If I enter a custom game and there are fusion coils falling all over the place, I usually will just quit right away.

Perhaps if they were built into a TME, then it would work for some stuff, but generally, they are more of a nuisance than anything.

Just think for a second about how much you dislike a fusion coil to be sitting on the ground anywhere near you in a game, why would you want them falling on your head?! Doesn't make any sense to me.

5. El Diablo

El Diablo Ancient

same w/ me except it wasn't on high ground

I can't speak for everyone in my age group but I personally dont like being stereotyped or having fusion coils fall on my head

6. sargamesh

sargamesh Ancient

if u put a bunch of fushion coils together they dont explode

7. The Jon B

The Jon B Ancient

um....yes they do

8. El Diablo

El Diablo Ancient

he's technically right but I dont think for the right reason(if that makes sense)
    you have to have at least one fall

9. The Jon B

The Jon B Ancient

ha ok. i thought he meant they wouldn't explode period.

10. Buckshot

Buckshot Ancient

Honestly creating chains of explosions is always fun but rarely lends itself to a working map.

11. OpenAgony

OpenAgony Ancient

I think Normandy D-Day maps are the only ones that should be allowed fusion coils falling.
    Used any where else it is annoying.

12. xX0 Minion 0Xx

xX0 Minion 0Xx Ancient

I actually use this trick a lot but i dont over-use it... here are a few examples of how i used it:

War maps - All of them are scattered around the map at 1-2 intervals, each exploding at different times representing bombs/mortars going off.

Race maps - Obstacles

I also use them at 180 intervals as random traps. :D