Sandbox Conquest Columbine

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by l PATRICK l, Nov 8, 2009.

1. l PATRICK l

l PATRICK l Ancient

Author:
    l PATRICK l

Map Name:
    Conquest Columbine

Map Canvas:
    Sandbox

Map Size:
    Small

Player Count:
    4v4

Supported Gametypes: Conquest

Description:

Story

In the years following the drop of ODST and Spartan forces to fight against the enemies, many of the distant foes began to calculate the exact location of the UNSC's drop zones. After finding this information, they began to take many ODST and marine units prisoners of war. They would make them fight here in the finely perfected halls filled with blood-stained walls, and undefined odors, in which they would battle it out for their survival.

Description

Conquest Columbine is devoted for an eight person match-up. Although this may seem few, these jammed catacombs will leave you quite claustrophobic. The entire project took me much time, including the long hours of jumping around the map, to the straneous days of geomerging(this map was finished before ghost merging existed!) Anyways, have fun, and remeber to support Conquest In Matchmaking

Weapon List

[​IMG]x2 on map (45 sec. 1 spare clip)
    [​IMG]x2 on map (60 sec. 1 spare clip)
    [​IMG]x2 per team (10 sec. 2 spare clips)
    [​IMG]x2 on map (30 sec. 2 spare clips)
    [​IMG]x2 per team (20 sec. 2 spare clips)
    [​IMG]x2 on map (90 sec. 1 spare clip)
    [​IMG]x2 on map (10 sec. 2 spare clips)
    [​IMG]x2 on map (10 sec.)
    [​IMG]x2 on map (10 sec.)

Pictures

Blue Spawn

[​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 116KB.
    [​IMG]
    Blue Jail and Brute Shot Wall

[​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 131KB.
    [​IMG]
    Blue Weapons

[​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 116KB.
    [​IMG]
    Red Spawn

[​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 104KB.
    [​IMG]
    Red Jail and Brute Shot Wall

[​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 123KB.
    [​IMG]
    Red Weapons

[​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 119KB.
    [​IMG]
    Middle Territory

[​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 108KB.
    [​IMG]

Action Pic!

[​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 112KB.

Special Helpers
    GunnerGrunt
    Boston
    ehand88
    Canadians360
    I'm Apo
    CostlyAxis
    Mista Tipsta
    I3renton

*Thanks to all who helped, I appreciated it very much, and if you helped me test, or helped out with the map, just tell me and I'll add you, thanks guys.

DOWNLOAD HERE:Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

#1 l PATRICK l, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. Xang

Xang Ancient

Pretty good looking conquest map. The starting places look alot like the start in gold rush... Anyways an overview of this map design would really help since it would help alot of people. Overall it looks really nice, although you may want to make those weapon pics a bit smaller, there pretty big.

3. Flameblad3

Flameblad3 Ancient

It's nice looking (the starting areas really look like the ones on Gold Rush) and I especially like the jail cells; even though they've been done before, you did it quite well. Also adding an overview will help a lot of people. I'll dl and test it out.

4. Phenomenal

Phenomenal Ancient

I need to see an overview to get an overall feel for the map, but I kinda see what its about. The two sides look great with the jail and grass. I'll DL and get back to you on the gameplay.

5. ThunderSpartan9

ThunderSpartan9 Ancient

this looks a little like gold rush(lol).but i like the whole flow of the map, the intense gameplay looks like it will be invovled.also the asthetics look good which is key for conquest maps.overall i <3 this i give it 5/5.

6. l PATRICK l

l PATRICK l Ancient

overview added: [​IMG]

thanks again for all the comments, i hope you all liked it.

7. ehand88

ehand88 Ancient

Its good to see that you were able to finish this one up and get it posted. The map itself is not really groundbreaking or anything (not trying to be negative here), but the aesthetics are great and the forging is top notch. The weapons are placed very nicely and overall the map is very smooth and fun to play on. Like the others said, the cage bars have been done before, but it accents this map nicely. I love the grassy floors (I use them quite often as well) and I was glad I could give you what little help I could. Nice work and I look forward to your future conquest maps.

8. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

I hope this isn't spam, but why'd you name it Columbine?

9. Short Bizzle

Short Bizzle Ancient

When I did a little forge through i noticed that a couple of the blocks along the roof didn't spawn till 30 sec in. Otherwise cool map. It gave me a couple ideas for some aesthetics. Good job man!!

10. G043R

G043R Ancient

I played this last night during my custom night. I enjoyed it but the kicker was that spawns flipped constantly. I suggest you fix that. If you need help fixing it PM me.

11. Farbeef

Farbeef Ancient

Looks good, i especialy like the jails, well forged mate :)

12. Dow

Dow Ancient

I thought the needler wasn't supposed to be in Conquest due to it's advantage in linear combat? Nor the plasma grenade for it's instant kill ability.

13. l PATRICK l

l PATRICK l Ancient

it is allowed, however it is quite questionable and has to be tested. I did and it worked fine

14. Rorak Kuroda

Rorak Kuroda Up All Night
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Dang, conquest is the new thing now. I guess when I release my conquest map, I'll have quite a bit of competition.

Very nice indeed. From both of your conquest maps, I can see you have a slight fetish for grass floors. Although grass floors ARE epic!

Now, from the overview and the middle territory shots, I can see some pretty nice long distance battles going on. Therefore, good choice with the sniper. I'll get back to you on gameplay if I get a chance, but you definantly get a download from me.

15. Thejackle123

Thejackle123 Ancient

Look pretty good from the screens, might have a look at it later.

16. l PATRICK l

l PATRICK l Ancient

thanks guys, an updated version of the map will be out soon