Confrontation

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by CitrusAbyss, Apr 16, 2011.

1. CitrusAbyss

CitrusAbyss Forerunner

[Download's here, if you want to take it for a test run! It'd be greatly appreciate!]

Confrontation is the latest work of mine, and is a reworking of my last map, Venture. If you just so kindly take a moment to scroll through the few pictures I have of Venture, you can see that it was an attempt to make a semi-symmetrical map that played very nicely for smaller parties (1v1 to 2v2 - multi-team or 4v4 if you're looking for some really hectic action).

Confrontation is essentially me taking the perfectly symmetrical half of Venture and duplicating it, so that there's a perfectly symmetrical map. I've also reworked the architecture and a bit of the sight-lines, but the essence is really still there. I'm thinking of incorporating some more water into it, because I think it's a little small, but hopefully I'll be able to get some feedback on it.

And here, before you get bored: PICTURES!

Overview of the whole map from the side:
    [​IMG]

View of the middle:
    [​IMG]

Looking down over Plasma Launcher spawn (foreground) and Spiker spawn (background 'altar'):
    [​IMG]

Waterway (sniper spawns inside):
    [​IMG]

Sniper spawn:
    [​IMG]

Inside of a base:
    [​IMG]

Grenade Launcher spawn (behind each base):
    [​IMG]

And that's all for now. Please, comments and critique are very welcome! I'd love to see both this map and my skills grow, so leave some feedback - please and thanks. :D