Concussion V2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Einhorns a man, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Einhorns a man

Einhorns a man Ancient

Concussion

Created by: Einhorns a man
    In version 2 I moved around the weapons and changed there spawn times so the gameplay flows better. I also added some more cover so its not as open. I fixed a bug with the gate so it doesn't get stuck when you open it. I will update this post with a weapons list shortly.
    sorry it took so long for a V2 ive been busy with school and sports.

Testers:
    Einhorns a man (me)
    xxxFathexxx
    T is 4 dog
    N0t 00gre2
    Penutbuterrifle
    goldberg
    vandercraig
    stk legend
    Heavens secret
    clear insanity
    jkwillford
    a pink oreo
    sorry if i missed spelled your name

Concussion uses a one flag capture the flag gametype. It will test your BR skill and most of all your skill of working as a team as you dominate the defenders to score the flag.

OUT SIDE OF BASE
    [​IMG]

THE FOLLOWING PICS ARE OF THE INSIDE OF THE BASE
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    In this picture (above) you can see the small hole. That is were the flag spawns. you just jump down, take it then jump right back out. Its also good use when being strategic in a fight.
    In the Start of the game the defenders have 45 sec to get the active camo.
    [​IMG]
    If you don't get it in time it gets caged in.
    [​IMG]
    After the cage (stairs) have spawned 45 sec later the over shield will spawn.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Out Side gate
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    60 seconds after the gate has opened a path will spawn. (the path doesn't need to be there to get over it just makes it easier if you are not in a mongoose.)
    [​IMG]
    Another timed thing on this map is this wall that will spawn in front of the sliding door 90 seconds into the game. If you don't open it in that amount of time you wont be able to open it for the rest of the round.
    [​IMG]
    ACTION SHOTS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These fence walls are raised perfectly so you can shoot at your attackers, and there just low enough so you cant crouch under them. AKA cheat proof.
    [​IMG]

This map took me a very long time so can you please leave me some good feedback.

Bungie.net : Bungie Online : Halo 3 File Details
    Download Game Type

#1 Einhorns a man, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  2. redeyesmaster

redeyesmaster Ancient

from the pictures you took "this time" i like the map more from what i see and it has my dl. but one thing i dont like it the box for the power ups thats a good idea dont get me wrong but its not a perfect "box" any way other then that i like the level keep forging.

3. Yhslaw

Yhslaw Ancient

My first impression makes me think it will be yet another MLG map in foundry but instead it is an aesthetically pleasing map 4.5/5? keep on forging!!!

4. ExG Zeppelin

ExG Zeppelin Ancient

Looks like a good map i like the structure and the top of the circle it looks like a good snipe spot and the interlocking is good as well 4/5 for me keep up the good work

5. xpunkshorty27x

xpunkshorty27x Ancient

I definitly agree and i like the idea for the powerup box and if you dont blank by a certain time then you never can stuff

Keep up the good work

6. Re Amplify

Re Amplify Ancient

Well, I just typed up a detailed comment about your map but my internet just shut off on me when I was about to post. D: So I'm just going to sum it up in a list. :D
    I love timed map events, makes it a blast to play.
    Lacks cover everywhere I see in the pictures.
    I hate switches even though it is limited to an amount of time.

Well that sums it up, to bad I'm lazy and couldn't type it more in detail again...

7. evilution101

evilution101 Ancient

This looks like an amazing capture the fla\g map. The interlocking is perfect and the base design is extremily cool. Is the game a little one sided. Is it really hard to score if you have the flag. It looks pretty challenging but then again, that is what makes a good capture the flag map. Im guessing you thought about everything when creating this map but you put a ton of spawn points correct and is the active camo like the biggest advantage for the defenders because you do talk about it a lot. i guess it is pretty cool how you merged the stairs to make a barrior. i love the doar that you created. It looks fairly complex. My one friend is crazy about doars and swithes so when I show him this he will shorely go into forge and figure out what you did to make the switch. I love this map and deserves a download and a 5/5

8. Einhorns a man

Einhorns a man Ancient

Thanks for the comment guys. And when you are the attacking team it is not that hard to get into the base. But it does take a lot of communication and team work to score the flag. It also takes a lot of team work to stop the attackers. So to answer you question the sides are pretty even. The camo for the defenders is a big help for sneaking up on the attackers that are going through the gate.

9. Jsten419

Jsten419 Ancient

I do enjoy the blocking off of the camo with stairs thing, ever so much. But why spawn an overshield on top of it? Very clever idea, making switches that are timed. Are there more ways into the base after the gate is closed? Like, more than two? Nice ascetics, love the sniper wall, love the step effect you got going. 4/5

10. wiggums

wiggums Guest

dude, this is really original, its all like a big fun house, thats house i see it atleast. The camo, and the switches idea is really cool and it makes me want to try it out, really unique idea, i just didnt see any weapons.. what ones are there?

11. Einhorns a man

Einhorns a man Ancient

Yes there is more than one way into the base. In the pictures you can't really see many of the weapons. You can see the sniper in one of the pictures and the needler. There are also several battle rifles in the base. You just can't see them from the angles of the pictures. I don't know all of the weapons on the top of my head, so the next time I get on live I will make a weapons list.

12. itsmebiff

itsmebiff Ancient

veery nice map looks like you did a good job on interlocking definite download
    kepp it up
    4/5

13. Einhorns a man

Einhorns a man Ancient

Thanks to all the people that downloaded and rated =D I really appreciate it

14. xFr1ct10nx

xFr1ct10nx Ancient

dude, this map really impressed me! i luv all the high points, however they may over power one side from the other. but i luv the timed map events and the kickass interlocking and geomerging. I think if you were to make a Tower of Power sortof gametype that it would work very well on this map. Keep on the Forging while i go play this map!

15. fergfighter

fergfighter Ancient

good map. nice aesthetics
    although is kinda square
    needs more shape 4/5

16. Einhorns a man

Einhorns a man Ancient

Thanks for the comment. And if you did download thank you! I'm working on another map at the moment. Just wait for that to come out. then you will have your shapes.

17. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

Wow. I like the timed map events. Adds a nice edge to the game. I like the way you sort of only get one chance to do something, like a now or never type of feeling (e.g with the active camo and the gate). I like the flag-in-the-hole thing too. It'll be a laugh watching the flag man trying to get out if the flag man's raits incude 200% gravity :/

18. TKOwnedU5

TKOwnedU5 Ancient

this is a very good map. The outer structure is amazing but inner is just mind blowing! I wonder how long this took you counting on how many merged and interlocked stuff there is. The game type you showed looks very fun I can't wait to play on your map! good job keep on forging your doing great!

19. dontknowme42

dontknowme42 Ancient

looks very clean nice merging and stuff
    4/5 for geomerging very clean as i said^^

looks like a very challenging map to play
    will dl play later :p einhorn dont infract me

EDIT: Coming Soon!