Concentricktion

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by gingerninjasam, Oct 14, 2010.

1. gingerninjasam

gingerninjasam Forerunner

Welcome to my first map post on forgehub.
    Concentricktion is my first Halo: Reach puzzle map. It is a fairly straightforward
    and easy puzzle map where the objective is to stockpile the 5 flags (one at the
    end of each puzzle). Every Puzzle is accessible from the start, so if you get sick
    of one you can try a different one and come back to it.

Photo time:

Initial spawn:
    [​IMG]
    "There's no way out!?!"

Hub:
    [​IMG]

Flagroom:
    [​IMG]
    not a perfectly joined pic, but you get the gist of it.

Weapon room:
    [​IMG]
    "So much choice"

Rock Garden:
    [​IMG]
    "What secrets do you hide?"

Wall jump:
    [​IMG]
    "Hmmmmmm."

Cliff:
    [​IMG]
    "That's a long way down."

Minefield:
    [​IMG]
    "This doesn't look too hard"

and finally, the Killball
    [​IMG]
    "I think I'm missing something"

This should supply you with a few minutes entertainment.
    Hope you enjoy xD.

#1 gingerninjasam, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010
  2. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

Stockpile eh? I like it!

This is a cool original take on a puzzle map, making one where you can complete the challenges in any order. The use of stockpile to achieve this is truly inspired.

I haven't played the map yet, but I will. I just had to first comment on your cool approach to designing this puzzle map. Now I'll go see how the challenges themselves hold up!

Being the nice guy that I am, I have also fixed that main download link for you.

3. Lyles

Lyles Ancient

How in the hell do you get out of the first room???? :3

Added after 30 minutes:

How do you get past the first room it are so hard!!!!

#3 Lyles, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  4. FreedomGunz

FreedomGunz Forerunner

SPOILERS!!!!

Okay first of all great map, you managed to kill 2 hours of me and my friend's time.
    Seems like we are the first to beat it. :D

Anyways, the first room is easy. You have to sword the machine gun base that sticks out in one of the corners. Then you have to throw the machine gun up the boxes into the small crack. Crouch jump into the crack and pick up the machine gun, which should make you stand, which should kill you.

Now you will have access to 4 puzzles.

First room in the left teleporter should lead you to an empty room, walk around the walls until you find a mongoose to jump into, carefully navigate past the mines, and drive into the corner of the room. You should get teleported into a new room. Get off and find the wall with a machine gun in it. Use the gun to shoot the land mine infront of you, then crouch and look down in one of the corners to find another mongoose to get into. Get in it and then hop out, you should be in a new room. Grab the drop shield you knocked down with the mine, and go to where kill ball is. You should see a corner with a little box right above the kill ball, land on it and use the drop shield, then drop another level, and use another drop shield, rinse and repeat until you get through the teleporter, which should take you to one of the flags, grab it and drop it in the ring, then fall in the water.

Room 2 is the teleporter to your right. Okay jump into the water and as you fall grab the plasma pistol then switch to the plasma pistol. jump into the water again and swap the plasma pistol for the gravity hammer. the plasma pistol will float in mid air and act as a platform. Fall into the water and swap the sword for the pistol. Jump on top of the floating plasma pistol then jump and swap your pistol for the rocket launcher or shotgun. Then jump on the plasma pistol and then the pistol and jump to the other side to get another flag.

Room 3 is the exit to your left past the teleporters. Among the rocks you should find a jet pack (somewhere to the lower left of the exit, on a rock) and a needle rifle (to the right on a rock somewhere near the middle). Use the jet pack to reach the falcon in the distance, fly the falcon down to the platform. Shoot the mines with the rifle and collect another flag.

The last room is the exit to your left (past the teleporters). Go in and fall down into the room with 4 sprints. near one of the walls will be a crack with 4 evades. Grab the evade and use it to get up the wall. Then you should find a ledge you can drop down to. jump to the next platform after that, and then onto the ledge across a gap (sometimes it might auto kill you but keep trying). Make your way to the far left of the ledge along the wall. you should be able to creep around the side really slowly and make it to the other side. Then evade off the platform and land on the tower below. the just drop into the tower and collect the 4th flag.

To get the last flag just repeat one of the puzzles, or bring a friend with you so he can grab the middle flag after you complete a challenge.