Legendary DLC Concealed

Discussion in 'Halo 3 MLG Maps' started by oFatalAcex, Mar 17, 2010.

1. oFatalAcex

oFatalAcex Ancient

Concealed
    Created by: IvAdrenalinevI
    [​IMG]
    INFORMATION:
    Concealed is a fast pace MLG Asymmetrical map where opposing teams of four start with a sniper rifle or either active camo; leaving the mauler and plasma pistol up for grabs. The thought process was to takeaway/fix any issues with the original Blackout. One problem I ran into while forging was invisible barriers getting in the way, making me have to re-design part of the map. Another issue I encountered while testing was, it was hard to see the additional bases, walkways, wraparounds and ramps. So I decided to add mancannons as a light source to make it a little bit more visible, and render the mancannons unusable. I advise you to switch your brightness settings to high before playing this map. The map is ghost & geo-merged to get rid of any bumps and cracks, to make all surfaces flat and smooth. Also bottom shotgun room is concealed and enclosed along with part of the library. The sniper rifle and mauler are both drop spawned.

Now on to the map…

MAP:
    -Asymmetrical
    -Color coordinated boxes –green
    -Improved structures, bases, walkways…etc.
    -New jump-ups, bases, ramps, wraparounds & lifts…etc.

GAMETYPES:
    MLG Team Slayer v6
    MLG FFA v6
    MLG Ball v6 -ball spawns x1
    MLG King of the Hill v6 -hill spawns x4

WEAPONS:
    -Sniper Rifle x1 | 120secDS | 2 clips
    -Active Camo x1 | 120sec | N/A
    -Mauler x1 | 90secDS | 0 clips
    -Plasma Pistol x1 | 60sec | N/A
    -Covenant Carbine x3 | 30sec | 2 clips
    -Battle Rifle x4 | 30sec | 1 clip
    -Plasma Grenade x4 | 10sec | N/A
    -Frag Grenade x2 | 10sec | N/A

SCREENSHOTS:

Defenders base + new walk way to red lift.
    [​IMG]

Defenders wraparound tower.
    [​IMG]

Back of defenders base + mancannons that provide a lit path.
    [​IMG]

Bottom red lift redone and blocked off.
    [​IMG]

Wraparound right next to bottom red lift and middle.
    [​IMG]

New jump up added to get from s1 to s2
    [​IMG]

Another new jump up + new ramp from bottom middle to BR1.
    [​IMG]

Active Camo Spawn / Beginning of the wraparound behind library.
    [​IMG]

Inside shortened library.
    [​IMG]

Plasma Pistol spawn / library wraparound / added lift on (left) and dropdown on (right).
    [​IMG]

Library wraparound notice the added mancannon lights inside the boxes.
    [​IMG]

Bottom library dropdown (left), gravity lift (right). Yes you can walk up the box on the right and not the one on the left.
    [​IMG]

Attacker’s Base + sniper spawn + hill spawn on the three bridges.
    [​IMG]

Another angle of the Attacker’s Base.
    [​IMG]

Other side of wrap around and part of the Attacker’s base + carbine spawn.
    [​IMG]

Overview of Attackers base.
    [​IMG]

If anyone remembers the first version of this map called MLG Darkness, you’ll see that it has came a long way and that this version is a lot cleaner and easier on the eyes. Please download my map I put a lot of time into making it and don’t forget to leave a comment. Just one reminder don’t comment on the gameplay until you tested the map with high brightness settings.

It’s suppose to be a smiley face sort of, idk tell me if you see it??
    [​IMG]
    DOWNLOAD CONCEALED!
    THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED.

#1 oFatalAcex, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  2. Dirt Jockey

Dirt Jockey Forerunner

Wow this is by far the best Blackout map I have seen to date, your forging skills are immaculate. The new lines of sight you added are very clever, including the wraparound. I just love how everything is so smooth- I know for a fact its hard to merge double boxes without leaving behind a bump and you aced that. If you are anything like me you rebuilt every structure a million times until it was perfect and thats why I can appreciate how much work you truly put into this map, Its too bad I cant get the same finished product :p

Id like to see this as a Bungie Favorite

3. Elitearbitar

Elitearbitar Forerunner

Wow this looks great, I love seeing people forge on Blackout as it isn't often done. It is very good quality forging as well, with clean, well placed items. And yes, I do see the smiley face.

4. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

Yes indeed it has. Invite me to some games sometime, I've been wanting a playable version of this since I first saw it I don't know how many months ago.

5. A Punker

A Punker Ancient

This is a sweet map... It feels like a new map yet familiar... Also it is sweet to see a map that isn't Foundry or Sandbox based.

6. E inglourious 3

E inglourious 3 Ancient

It is clear that you spent a lot of time on this map. I do have one concern with gameplay from the pictures, involving the skinny jump-ups, but I will have to DL and play before I judge. Personally I think it is kind of cool to have a darker themed map, and I will not up my brightness.

As for the forge mechanics and merging, I a not familiar with Blackout, but I am impressed you were able to ghost merge all of the immovable pieces. This is a feat considering the object limits I am used to. Also, I will speak for all the forgers in the world and thank you for color-coding your boxes. This is another extra step that takes a long time, and you did it which shows hard work. Definite 5 * and DL. Good work.

I do have some questions for you- does it support all gametypes or just MLG ones. Also, does 3v3 or even 2v2 work, or is it just for standard 4v4? Also, does SWAT and Snipers work on it. Those are my favorite gametypes on Blackout in matchmaking.

#6 E inglourious 3, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  7. Nitemare

Nitemare Forerunner

Wowzers!

Holy cow dude! You took my favorite competitive map... and made it better! Fantastic! Downloaded and 5 stars!! ♥ I love this map lol... ForgeHub! Can you say FEATURE!

8. CaptnSTFU

CaptnSTFU Ancient

wow you expanded blackout so much its ridiculous. The merges look great youve got my dl hopefully i can get some games on it 2 nite.

9. Korlash

Korlash Remember Isao
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Holy crap this map totally destroys your first version of it, and mlg darkness was already good. With all the extra ramps and jump-ups and crap, this map feels literally at least twice the size of blackout. I didnt even think of that many objects were able to fit the budget on blackout. But w/e, the design as well as the forging is amazing.

One more thing, u deserve major props for making all the boxes green, at least with ghostmerging, it takes a long ass time, and i'm too lazy to color code mine on longshore.

10. Silver0range

Silver0range Ancient

Yeah, I loved MLG Darkness and it's been on my harddrive ever since it first came out. It's a really good map. I'll love to see what changes you've made with this one; I'm loving what you did with the library.

11. Ferocious Leaf

Ferocious Leaf Forerunner

I like it. i've wanted to see amap like this for a long while, it looks fantastic. can't wait to play it. 5/5 for aesthetics alone, and super high five for the idea and fantastic forging. :D

12. Meltyourtv

Meltyourtv Ancient

This looks EXACTLY like an old MLG Blackout map I saw here before. Almost exact same layout and weapon placement.

13. E inglourious 3

E inglourious 3 Ancient

That would probably be MLG Darkness you are thinking of. This is the remake/redone/better than ever new version.

14. The Muppet King

The Muppet King Ancient

Brilliant, that is an amazing map you got there. Never seen a competitive map like that on Black Out, let alone an MLG one. Sort of inspires me to make a map on another map other than Sandbox and Foundry.

15. Mabolsa Ritchie

Mabolsa Ritchie Forerunner

Nice map, a very nice touch to this map. I think i prefer this to the original lol.

16. XBLsamsternatorXBL

XBLsamsternatorXBL Forerunner

This is My Favourite blackout map of all time. And my second favourite overall MLG to date:)

17. oFatalAcex

oFatalAcex Ancient

Thanks to everyone who commented and downloaded my map. Sorry I didn't reply sooner I've just been busy with alot of things such as school, modern warfare 2 and of course testing the halo reach beta. Overall I think the beta is pretty darn sick just hope they don't screw it up in the long run or screw us over by not giving us new options forge wise. Already I have a few maps scetched up for it when I'm able to get my hands on the final copy. As halo 3 goes it's been fun and all but it doesn't bring me the same joy it once did. So i will not be releasing anymore halo 3 maps. I'll release you guys some sick maps in the future once reach releases, until then i'll see you guys later.

Couple questions anwsered:
    @E iNGLouRIouS 3 - Yes 2v2 1v1 and 3v3 all work but the only gametypes it supports are mlg ts, mlg oddball, mlg king of the hill & mlg ffa. Sorry but i don't have it set up for swat or snipers. If you want to set it up for swat or
    snipers go right ahead.

@Mike & Nick thanks for helping motivate me to finish forging the map. Also for helping forge the map with me & all the good input you guys gave me.

@Everyone, Yes this is a remake of my old verison incase anyone was wondering and I've changed my gamertag, it is: IvAdrenalinevI. If anyone wants me to check out their map, play a game on concealed or just wants to play halo 3 hit me up with an invite....PEACE!

#17 oFatalAcex, May 5, 2010
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
  18. Kill 4 Silence

Kill 4 Silence Forerunner

im with dirt jockey on this one. this map has got to be one of the best maps (besides 8 emerald legs) on blackout. i LOVE the idea of the lit walkway. that was very clever. i also like how you designed the bases. i was expecting to see an enclosed blackout map, and when i realized it was open, i was like "aw shoot, another gay map", and then i seen how you pieced all the boxes and doors together and i **** u not, i pissed my pants.

but anyway very good job! you have alot of potential, and i think it'll be very interesting to see you use that potential on a sandbox canvas. im expectin more great things from you mister!

19. v0ltecpr0

v0ltecpr0 Forerunner

Dude this is just freaking unbelievable ... i hate blackout but this .. WOOOWWW !! BLACKOUT RULES !!:D

20. AoMUnknownV2

AoMUnknownV2 Forerunner

wow this is really cool, ive never seen anything like this before, really good job!!!. :)