Compound LV-426

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by stoned c0ld, May 4, 2011.

1. stoned c0ld

stoned c0ld Forerunner

By far the most heavily fortified Forerunner structure found on Halo, LV-426 was built behind a large rock wall. Inside USNC forces found what the Forerunners had created and put so much effort into guarding. A doorway to Hell.....

Have the basic layout done could use some help on playtesting. Send me a friend request if you'd like to help out. Should make for a great freeforall or team slayer may as well as a good invasion map. Has both an interior and exterior section.
    link:
    http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=17385717&player=stoned c0ld

exterior
    [​IMG]
    Control room outside and main gate
    [​IMG]
    main gate looking out
    [​IMG]
    red side of interior
    [​IMG]
    blue side of interior
    [​IMG]
    control room
    [​IMG]
    looking outside from control room
    [​IMG]
    oneway bridge
    [​IMG]
    "jetty" and the "stage"
    [​IMG]
    back wall
    [​IMG]
    in the sniper perch
    [​IMG]
    top of long hall
    [​IMG]
    bottom of long hall
    [​IMG]
    did I mention you can take the vehicles inside
    [​IMG]
    warthog on the "pyramid"
    [​IMG]
    just don't fall down the hole to HELL
    [​IMG]

#1 stoned c0ld, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  2. CitrusAbyss

CitrusAbyss Forerunner

This looks cool! I like the Forerunner base motif, but there are a few things in question - how easy is falling into the "hole to hell"? Is it an actual obstacle, or just annoying? And I don't think there's enough stopping a guy with a Ghost just coming inside and completely decimating everyone in there, even with all the slopes. I like that you added some rock pillars to break up lines-of-sight outside, but if another team spawns there, you might want some more cover to help you get to the base? To keep up with the base motif, you could even add some communications towers, or guns! It's a work in progress, but definitely looks good. :D

3. stoned c0ld

stoned c0ld Forerunner

thanks, yeah the outside def needs some more work, especially once I start working on an invasion game where you assualt the base starting from outside. Ghost will def be a good vehicle to use, but I'm hoping w/ laser, concussion rifle, and grenade launcher in the base, and rockets outside, will balance out the vehicle. And is actually pretty hard to fall into the hole.

4. Ociee

Ociee Forerunner

I really like the aesthetics so far on this map, they really caught my eye - especially the entrance. It reminds alot of 343 guilty spark from Halo CE. Good job capturing those feelings.

5. stoned c0ld

stoned c0ld Forerunner

thanks, I'm going to be online in an hour or so(gt is same as sn) so if you'd like to help playtest it send me a request or msg me

6. Tycho

Tycho Forerunner

The hole with the killball in the middle kinda turned me off of the map.