Competitive Maps: What Do They Need?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by DHG LuckySh0T, Jul 17, 2013.

1. DHG LuckySh0T

DHG LuckySh0T Promethean

So i am interested in making a 1v1-3v3 competitive type make, before a jump in i want to ask those who have already made one.

What does a good competitive MLG type map need? Bullet points would be great :)

2. A Haunted Army

A Haunted Army Your Local Pessimist
    Forge Critic Senior Member

an "MLG" map? simple, all you do is put down 2 bases, 2 towers, spawns out in the open and call it onslaught.

3. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

Another thing: by "MLG," do you mean competitive, or most like the maps that have made it into the pro circuit currently?

As for the former: There is no right way to do competitive level design. People who tell you that one style is always better than the other are generally wrong (unless of course they're joking like Army :p).

As for the latter: Make your map extremely similar to some classic Halo map. Give it another name and make one or two changes, but make it similar enough that callouts would be the same. I personally think that people who do this just to make their map "MLG" are lame attention-seekers, but hey, that's just me. Feel free to do whatever you want - neither I nor anybody on this site is some kind of always-right forge god.