Community Playlist, Round 2

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by chrstphrbrnnn, Feb 2, 2011.

1. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

SecretSchnitzel linked me to the new round of Community maps coming in on the 8th. A few other playlists coming in with them too (return of Grifball, Firefight Arcade and Firefight limited). Here is the list of maps:

Aspirocity
    Capacitor
    Enclosed
    Obsidian
    Thrust
    Amulet
    Carnage Palace
    Chimaera
    Cougar Plaza
    Historical Site
    Mine Site
    New Venice
    Seclusion
    Treasury

I'm going to start compiling a picture/link database for them. If anyone wants to help out that would be super awesomesauce.

2. XxDangerXlinexX

XxDangerXlinexX Forerunner

I like the idea of this post hope it stays

3. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

im really hoping the returning maps from the first round received some updates that addressed the many issues that they had.

4. Dart3rocks

Dart3rocks Forerunner

so far only a few complaints and only on the most of the old ones the new ones are fairly good; nothing GREAT...but good.

5. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

ehhh... my 2 complaints:

1.) Carnage Palace.

2.) New Venice:
    it has framerate lag, and that annoyed the crap out of me because i thought it was supposed to be super strict about lag for maps getting in. Dont get me wrong, cool map, but damn that is a lot of complicated objects clustered together.

But yea, overall i am much more pleased with the new ones this round!

6. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Looks like I'll have to play me some Community Slayer tonight!

7. Bones

Bones Forerunner

I was playing the Cougar Plaza map tonight, and noticed it looked rather familiar to Codyr2391(SpecterCody)'s map Empire. Like, exactly the same.

Am I mistaken, or did somebody submit something that wasn't theirs?

#7 Bones, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  8. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Oh yeah, no that map was totally jacked.

Round of applause for Bungie, everyone!

9. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

I have the films of every one on that list except for Capacitor. I'll take an overview shot of each one tomorrow and link them in a pm for you.

10. Dart3rocks

Dart3rocks Forerunner

Asprocity (meh)

Thrust(meh)

Capacitor....WAY TO OPEN....I needed another weapon than a shot gun and one plasma....it is truly a map for Armor Lock Noobs...

New Venice
    I loved the ascetics on, it really captured a Venice feel, tho I kept falling into the 'canals'

Treasury was good I had played it before, though the bottom was not used as much as it usually is.

Mine Site
    Great map, more suited for a BTB Map though and the tower seemed to unbalance the map and there was not much incentive to travel back to map a few more dmr's or something in base would have fixed that.

Seclusion (Meh)

Enclosed...glad to see they brought it back but the Line of sights are still really wide on top.

if anyone has the DL links for the one I didn't mention could you give me the link thanks.

11. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Agreed, mine site was basically a race for who can camp the big tower and spawn kill.

12. MockKnizzle008

MockKnizzle008 Ancient

Carnage Palace: What the ****? Fell off the map and found a rocket launcher. Killed somebody with a hammer, took it and destroyed the **** out of everyone. Same with the shotgun. Too cramped.

New Venice: Decent map, but sloppy forging all around and the sniper-side base structures are super campy.

Historical Site: Everyone bum-rushed the tunnels. Otherwise, kind of a cool map.

Capacitor: Actually enjoyable. Put up a solid 27 kills in a 3-on-3.

Enclosed: I want to like it, but bad experiences abound. Teammates either quit or go afk, spawn-raping to the extreme.

13. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Historical Site:

I noticed that flow constantly leads players to the highest point, and the rest of the map was largely unused. The tunnels get rushed in the beginning, yes, because the rockets are there. But after that, everyone just camps the high side of the map and dominates easily.

There were many parts of the map that may have been cool to fight in, but due to the terrible flow, no gameplay took place there.

_______

too many of these maps suffer from poor flow.
    not enough ways to get up to the high points.
    too dominated by jetpacks.
    poor weapon placement makes the flow even worse.

#13 Titmar, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  14. Security

Security Ancient

I played Seclusion and hated it.

15. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Only map ive played so far is Carnage Palace.

It really begs the question: What the **** were Bungie thinking. Theres a spawn literally hanging off the edge of the map.

16. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

also, there seems to only be respawns in one spot. the enemy team can stand near that spot, and you will still spawn there. I havent looked at the map in Forge, but from playing i can tell how terrible the spawns are.

Also, hammer respawns too fast on it. Many times, 2 hammers would be up.

Also, its a cluster**** of confusing pathways, hard to navigate even with the stupid jetpack. The shield doors being everywhere is totally ridiculous as well.

The map is a prime example of everything NOT to do.

17. Katanga

Katanga Ancient

Carnage Palace makes me want to stop forging, and jump off a bridge.

If you want a laugh, there's a health pack attached to an orange tower (tall) that is wonky. So little effort on that Map, it's untrue.

I'm liking Historical Site & Treasury, though. Although the former didn't have awfully good flow, the players I played against were exploring the map rather than camping, so I got to fight in the entire map, which worked very nicely.

18. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

My first game in the playlist was on Historical Site and the same was true for me. It was DMRs too which helped since you could explore and roam a bit without fear of getting jumped or owned by height advantages.

19. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Is there anywhere to dl them so I don't have to play them?

20. drayden

drayden Forerunner