Community Favorites: September 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by I Crush All, Oct 5, 2021.

By I Crush All on Oct 5, 2021 at 2:54 PM
  1. I Crush All

I Crush All The Bojack Horseman of the Forge Community

[​IMG]

Hello everyone and welcome back to the ForgeHub Community favorites! These past few weeks have given us a lot to look forward to, from all the good juicy details we received from the Halo Infinite flight and Its new weapons, maps, and gamemodes, to the HCS event announced, to the realization that Halo Infinite is less than 65 days away now. It's a lot to take in, but hey look at the bright side, we're able to chill out and relax by looking at some more of these great maps here on Community Spotlight! And with the Spooky season kicking off into full swing, we have something special planned for around the end of this month >:) Hope everyone enjoys that personal project of mine! We have quite the selection to go through today, one of which is another remake from Halo Infinite, so without further due, let's jump straight into this month’s Community Favorites!
    As a reminder, you can check out all these great creations by clicking their screenshot/picture or the yellow text below!

Here are the nominations and community champions for September!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This month, our 3rd place spot this month is Syndicate by Ivan Diaz! This map is a symmetric 4v4 map set within New Mombassa, it borrows some elements from Foundation from Halo 2! This map has a similar aesthetic to Foundation as well, including a very industrialized area around the bases and the rest of the map that really immerses you into the experience of the facility. The map plays Slayer, Strongholds, Oddball, and CTF

[​IMG]

Second place this month was a map from our recent Super Fiesta contest; Yavimaya Coast by Danger Tanner! This map has a really good natural aesthetic to it, including some really well-crafted cave systems, waterfalls, God-rays, and geysers! Within this map there are also traces of primitive structures, from rope bridges to torches, you really feel like you're in both a lived-in place and a natural one. The map is currently supporting CTF, Slayer, Oddball, and Strongholds and plays for 6 to 10 players!

[​IMG]

Finally, for our 1st place spot, we have Live Fire by thesilencebroken! This is a remake of the map Live Fire from Halo infinite and hits the layout of said map to a T, the creator has even used an "Infinite Slayer" game mode to mimic Halo infinite as much as possible within the map's gameplay. This map supports a player count of 2 to 8 players and supports the Slayer, CTF, and Strongholds gamemodes

Congratulations to everyone who placed this month and if you didn’t, well, I can’t wait for all of your fantastic entries next month! All these amazing creations really show how powerful and creative of a community we have even in a dry spell. After this great month of news and content from the game, it's only uplifting to see all these great forge creations still being pumped out, as I'm sure many of us will probably take a break from forging as we're sucked into Halo Infinite in the next few months here, truly we're sending out Halo 3-5 in a spectacular glory before we all take a break to enjoy the new game, that said Halo 3-5's forge won't die or go away, many of us will probably come back and create some killer content for those games. Before I close us out today, I realized that Halo 3 has recently turned 14 years old, and with that info, I wanted to reflect on everything we've achieved as a community, from all the fantastic custom games and maps that everyone has created over the years, to the concepts people have started to create for when Infinite's forge releases, this truly has been an incredible 14 years we have all been through as one big community, and while many members may have moved on to achieve greater things or to bring their designs into newer games, I still can't wait to see what the next 14 years will bring. Until next time!

You’re friendly neighborhood writer

~Crush

#1 I Crush All, Oct 5, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by I Crush All, Oct 5, 2021.