Community Favorites: October 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by I Crush All, Nov 6, 2021.

By I Crush All on Nov 6, 2021 at 3:49 PM
  1. I Crush All

I Crush All The Bojack Horseman of the Forge Community

[​IMG]

Hello everyone and welcome back to the ForgeHub Community favorites! Kinda crazy how fast time has flown by, we'll have Halo Infinite in the next 33 days, it's such an exciting time to be in the Halo community and we hope everyone is just as excited as we here at ForgeHub are! This month we had a little bit of a peculiar thing happen, we had a 3-way tie for 1st place! This isn't too unusual as in the past some maps have tied for 1st and 2nd, but a 3-way tie is crazy to think about. Sadly the plans to have the new video (mentioned in last month's article) didn't come through, but we fixed all the issues and jumped all the hurdles so you should be able to expect that new video in the next week or two. Without further a due let's jump right into this Month's community favorites!
    As a reminder, you can check out all these great creations by clicking their screenshot/picture or the yellow text below, however with the recent update to waypoint Map links may be broken a future post will help people understand how to get maps now and a more detailed explanation will be below.

Here are the nominations and community champions for September!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like previously stated, this month was a 3-way tie for 1st. Our 3rd-1st place map is Kilindini Bridge by Ivan Diaz, this map is a remake of the bridge featured in the Halo 2 mission Metropolis, from the skybox of New Mombassa in the background to the map. This map has a strikingly good resemblance to the bridge in the mission and the skybox is the icing on the cake. This map supports CTF, Strongholds, and Assault (Neautral bomb)

[​IMG]

Our 2nd-1st Place this month was obtained by IcyHotSpartan, with their map Momento. According to the ForgeHub post, it was also co-forged by 0'4 Bungie, this map was made during the run of the super fiesta competition in Halo 5 we had back in August and has a wonderful forerunner aesthetic that pulls some inspiration from Relic with its island aesthetic; unlike Relic, however, this map has a much more pronounced outer island aesthetic, making the world feel more alive and lived in. This map supports Slayer (Mythic, Fiesta, HCS, and Normal), and objective modes.

[​IMG]

Finally, for our 1st-1st place spot, this map spot was obtained by Xzamplez with his map One Man's Trash! This map was also created for the Super Fiesta contest we hosted with Podtacular back in august and has a really nice aesthetic with very clean visuals both on and off the map, the astetics were actually made by Infinite Forges, while the layout was made by Xzamplez! The map really feels like a place carved into this island, a place lost to time yet with vegetation. This map is a definite checkout for anyone who wants a small-scaled 4v4 experience, or a 2v2 one. This map supports CTF, Oddball, Strongholds, and slayer.

Congratulations to everyone who placed this month and if you didn’t, well, I can’t wait for all of your fantastic entries next month! All these amazing creations really show how powerful and creative of a community we have even in a dry spell. We are just under a month out from Halo Infinite, and with that will be a shift in content since there will be a lack of forge for the foreseeable future, we'll still be attempting to do community favorites if enough maps are still being submitted but some other areas of content you'll be seeing from us include the newsfeeds we've been doing and this new video that will be coming out soon, forge might seem super far away, but I assure you the time will fly by. Before I close us out today, I wanted to reflect again on the achievements that have been made in the forge community, specifically in Halo 5, not only have we been making maps for nearly 6 years now and pushing the boundaries of Halo 5's forge, but also we've pushed the boundaries of that games scripting as well, I've been seeing videos lately of scripting Ice physics for vehicles, scripting fully functioning calculators, and many other cool scripting accomplishments. This is really a testament to the creativity and endurance of the forge community with how bare-bones, yet complex the scripting is in Halo 5, Infinite will more than likely expand upon that system greatly and that'll definitely be a site to behold on what types of creations people make with that. With a recent patch to Halo Waypoint we are no longer able to download maps straight from the site, for now, the only way to access any of these maps are to do it the old fashioned way and search for the creator in the custom games browser's map search function, we will have a video and article detailing how to do that in the coming days, with that being said if you'd like to post a map on the website, please just post a link to your account on Halo Waypoint for the time being so exact spelling can be seen. Until next time!

You’re friendly neighborhood writer

~Crush

Sorry, no memes hidden in this post this time, crunched for time at the moment :/​

#1 I Crush All, Nov 6, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by I Crush All, Nov 6, 2021.