Community Favorites: November 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by I Crush All, Dec 5, 2021.

By I Crush All on Dec 5, 2021 at 7:59 AM
  1. I Crush All

I Crush All The Bojack Horseman of the Forge Community

[​IMG]

Hello everyone and welcome back to the ForgeHub Community favorites! These past few weeks have given us a lot to look forward to, to be excited about, annnnnnnd a lot of stuff to be desired. For those out of the loop, Halo Infinite's Multiplayer shadow launched during Xbox's 20th Anniversary stream, it started getting a lot of records off its launch, primarily with the Steam numbers for an Xbox Game Studios Title. Now is the time of the month though for a look at more great maps here on Community Spotlight! We also have another treat releasing on the 15th of December which will be kicking off something new, it is the delayed treat we mentioned back in the September community favorites Article so be sure to keep an eye out for that! Without further a due, let's jump right into this month's Community Favorites!!
    As a reminder, you can check out all these great creations by clicking their screenshot/picture or the yellow text below!

Here are the nominations and community champions for November!

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

This month, our 3rd place spot this month is Threshold by Squally DaBeanz, a Symmetric BTB map that focuses on CTF and Slayer modes. There is a central bridge that connects the two sides of the map at their midpoints and allows a nice flow around the geometry for players to work around in vehicles and on foot. This map plays 12-16 players. If you have a BTB lobby planned be sure to rev up those warthog engines on this map!

[​IMG]

Second place this month was LEGOWARS: MICRO MACHINES by Perfectum, this map is quite the marvel of thematic integrity, pulling from the LEGO aesthetic and also from the LEGO games with some of its designs like the LEGO Stud. This map is a 4v4 super fiesta map that supports Slayer, CTF, and Strongholds. Be sure to give this one a playtest during your next Halo 5 custom game!

[​IMG]

Finally, for our 1st place spot, we have Schism by Ivan Diaz! Inspired by the Halo 2 missions Uprising and Great Journey, this map succeeds at bringing old encounters into a new light with similar structures found from the campaign into this sandbox environment, while also bringing a lot of new geometry into the equation. There is also some new and old clash with the forerunner style that Ivan has pulled off really well with this map. This map plays all core gametypes (Strongholds, CTF, Assault, Oddball, Slayer) and plays 2-8 players. Be sure to give it a go in your next lobby!

The video should be posted by 12:30 pm EST:

Congratulations to everyone who placed this month and if you didn’t, well, I can’t wait for all of your fantastic entries next month! All these amazing creations really show how powerful and creative of a community we have even in a dry spell. After this great month we've had there have been a few new revelations that surfaced from the news about our precious forge mode in Halo Infinite, sadly with the extension of Season 1 for Halo Infinite from February to May we will not be Receiving our precious forge mode until the new delayed date for Season 3, Co-Op has also been delayed until the new date for Season 2. This is a crucial blow as if the next 2 seasons have their initially stated 3-month cycle that means we are about 9 MONTHS out from Forge for Halo Infinite; which is a tragic blow to the community, hopefully, the recently announced (In credits) Forge Council will be able to make sure all the requests and wants from the community that are possible are present with that long of a wait. With all that bad news out of the way, some good news! Halo Infinite's Progression was recently updated and people are starting to enjoy the progression systems more with this new XP boost to the daily challenges, on top of that Halo Infinite's campaign is only 3 days away! That's absolutely nuts to think about given it's been 4 years since our last addition to the Halo story in Game format (3 if you count Fireteam Raven). I hope everyone enjoys the campaign and gets new ideas and creative sparks off this new experience we're about to embark on! Before I close us out today, I just wanted to say I'm proud of all of us here within the community, not only did we have a massive blow to our infrastructure with the loss of support from Halo Waypoint for Forge and other UGC items, but we also got the crushing news about the (practically) year delay to Infinite's Forge mode, yet we are all still creating our hearts out in old and new games, in Infinite we've been seeing a surge of custom games being created with the limited toolset, while very limited and not being able to save (currently) is an issue, we still shine with our creative endeavors given the tools at our disposal; that on its own is a commendable aspect of our community. In our darkest hours, we still shine. Until next time! Oh, and have a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays :)!

You’re friendly neighborhood writer

~Crush
    :olive:

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by I Crush All, Dec 5, 2021.