Community Favorites: April 2021

Discussion in 'Features' started by Foge, May 5, 2021.

By Foge on May 5, 2021 at 5:57 AM
  1. Foge

Foge Staff
    Staff Member Forge Critic Senior Member

[​IMG]

Welcome Back to another installment of Forgehub Community Favorites! This month features a couple maps from a couple different iterations of forge so we at Forgehub staff love to see when that occurs! Lets jump right into this multi decade winners of community favorites for April 2021!

Here are the nominations and winners for the month of April!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

First up in third place this month we have Flooded by Arpod! I know what everyone's thinking... Arpod in third place? How could that be? Seeing as Arpod has won the past few community favorites, I guess the community voters decided to drop him down a few notches to third place. Regardless of this, Flooded is a remake/reskin of Plaza from halo 5. This remake/reskin is in true Arpod sangheili style, and is the exact scale as he used the original map to overlay the layout. Arpod also has the same weapons, spawns, and objectives just as original plaza does. So if you ever feel your getting tired of looking at those empty plaza streets, and would like a view of different scenery but still want to play Plaza, Flooded is just the map for you! Great job this month Arpod and its worth noting that Arpod plans to do all the Halo 5 maps in this style before Infinite drops, so be on the lookout for those, I know I will.

[​IMG]

Our runner up this month is The Maw by Nano! The Maw is a faithful recreation of the engine room from Halo CE. The Maw supports most core game modes such as Slayer, capture the flag, and strongholds. The Maw also features the iconic buttons that expose the vent cores where you would throw a well placed grenade to overload the Pillar of Autumns engines. The only area where this map differs from the original is where you would walk up to get to the top platforms to retract the pylons, this was cut by Nano as he had reached the item limit, so instead there are teleporters which will bring you from the bottom to the top. If you're feeling nostalgic for some CE or ever wanted to play customs on that part of the Halo CE campaign, be sure to check this one out! Good job this month Nano!

[​IMG]

Finally in first place this month, we have Torpedo by GamerPeepFreaks! Torpedo takes place in a submarine base that dates back to the Cold War, and is being used as a spartan training facility in the wargames simulation. Torpedo offers a very unique gamplay feature which revolves around a central submarine which will lower into the water during the game. This feature changes how open the map is, and changes gameplay in the middle of the match! Torpedo is a 2v2-4v4 slayer and strongholds map which also supports FFA. The goal for Torpedo was to be a quick and fast paced map, and I think you did just that GamerPeepFreaks! Great job this month and congratulations on winning first place for the month of April!

Congrats once again to all those that placed this month, and if even if you didn't, we are certainly excited to see what everyone creates in the future! Until next month!

Later from your favorite,
    Foge
    I'm not really sure what I do here​

#1 Foge, May 5, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Features' started by Foge, May 5, 2021.