Community Favorite Maps - February 2015

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by a Chunk, Mar 1, 2015.

By a Chunk on Mar 1, 2015 at 5:31 PM
  1. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

[​IMG]

Voting for this month's "Community Favorite" map has been going on for the past few weeks. Out of the numerous submissions, these were the 10 maps that were available:

[​IMG]

As you can see, the month was dominated by a surge of 1v1 maps entered into the ForgeHub 1v1 Map Contest. The ForgeHub community has spoken, the Community Favorite map winners selected, here's the verdict:

1ST PLACE
    $30 Xbox Live Cash Awarded!
    By a convincing margin, your Community Favorite for February 2015 is
    Lithe by The Elder Acorn.

LITHE
    by TheElderAcorn
    view map thread[​IMG]
    Lithe ended up with a total of 18 points. As your winner, the map will be added to our Featured Maps list, and The Elder Acorn will receive $30 in XBL cash. Its also listed as one of our highest rated maps on the site sporting an incredible 9.5! Make sure to participate on our maps page and leave reviews for more maps, its always great to help distinguish talent in a collective way.

2ND PLACE

BLACKHEART

by Chronmeister
    view map thread[​IMG]
    Blackheart is an asymmetrical 1v1 map that was submitted to the recent 1v1 map contest. All in all, this is one of Chronmester's best maps and really showed us what he's capable of. He has been generating content at such a rapid rate that he's been putting SquallyDaBeanz prolific reputation at bay. Black heart supports some really interesting battles with its verticality and Quake style layout. Give it a download and check it out!

3RD PLACE

SEPTEMBER

by Orzium
    view map thread

[​IMG]
    September has put Orzium on our radar! This map is really interesting and has a clear cut design. We can't wait to play this map while going through our contest judging process. The "Community Favorite" votes were so close that this should respectively have been a tie between 2nd and 3rd place. 'September' (9 points) came in shy of 2nd place by a single vote. Please spread the word and get more people to participate in our voting period every month. Its simple to remember too, voting begins on the last week of every month with results being posted on the first day of every month.

Congratulations to our winners! Don't forget to submit your maps to the ForgeHub Map Database to become eligible for future Community Favorites.

#1 a Chunk, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
    Chronmeister, Orzium and WAR like this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by a Chunk, Mar 1, 2015.

1. MultiLockOn
      MultiLockOn
      I had no idea my map was even nominated! Congrats to all the winners though! :)
      Behemoth likes this.
    2. Orzium
      Orzium
      Thanks people for voting for my map, I appreciate it a lot. Congrats ElderBK you deserve it, you have created a high quality map that is far beyond my forge capability.
    3. ♫ Yeti
      ♫ Yeti
      Yeah Orzium!
      Orzium likes this.
    4. Behemoth
      Behemoth
      Congrats to you guys!
      But I just find this particular "Favorites" to be a little strange only because most of these maps are in the contest. It could just be me, but I feel that the non-contest maps should have the only eligiblility until the smackdown is decided. But a great map is a great map and you should all be proud! :)
      ♫ Yeti likes this.
    5. Chronmeister
      Chronmeister
      Sweet, thanks for the nominations guys. I didn't think I was even close! This contest has done wonders for this site. Thank you forgehub! I hope to see more contests like this in the future.
      Orzium, a Chunk and Behemoth like this.
    6. darkprince909
      darkprince909
      The next contest should be a 2v2 Objective contest. Then Ambrosia might stand a chance lol

Congrats on winning the Favorites, guys