Remake Colossus

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Jambo, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Jambo

Jambo Ancient

COLOSSUS

"Numerous scientific expeditions have failed to reveal what the Forunners intended with all this damn gas"

[​IMG]
    Big Orange Window

[​IMG]
    Overhead View

[​IMG]
    Mancannon

YouTube - Halo Reach: My Colossus Remake

Tried to make it as faithful as possible, had to cut a few corners near the big window but I'm happy with it.

The bridge between the bases only appears in Free For All games (like in Halo 2).

Supports all Gametypes except Race/Rally and Invasion.

Download Link: Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

#1 Jambo, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  2. ScO Hi11Bi11y

ScO Hi11Bi11y Ancient

i totally forgot what map Colossus was! haha great job man :)

3. Pgh Ginger Kid

Pgh Ginger Kid Forerunner

i just posted my remake of this map like two seconds ago. mine doesnt work with gametypes yet

4. DunkinMyCookies

DunkinMyCookies Ancient

Hmm. Looks very accurate, but I believe some darker FX would do this guy justice.

This looks very faithful to the original Colossus, glad to see it (loved 2v2 on there) looking to get some games on this soon. Good job.

5. Jambo

Jambo Ancient

Yeah I agree and I was planning to use some FX, but I ran out of budget (again).
    Overall, I think the budget was better spent on making the map as accurate as I could.

6. centurionomegai

centurionomegai Ancient

I really like your elegant solution in replicating the angles next to the conveyor belts. It was something I didn't attempt when making my own remake. The two elevated platforms on the side feel uncomfortably close to each other, but are correctly spaced in relation to the ground floor. The ramps from there feel a bit narrow, but I know you are low on budget and a change like that would be expensive and time-consuming
    The area directly around OS is more accurately recreated than mine.
    There are still number of touchups I'd suggest, but it is well conceived and clearly thought out. Keep it up!

7. xKryeZ

xKryeZ Forerunner

I was looking for a remake of this map it looks good really accurate too

8. II GUNTHER II

II GUNTHER II Forerunner

Incredible man! honestly flawless, props to you for sure. this is the best remake i have ever seen. and ive seen alot. extremely accurate. once again. good job buddy.
    chheck out my zanzibar/last resort if ya want to on this forum about page 5. tell me what you think. its only v.1 im working on V.2 now.

9. Noizzy Rabbit

Noizzy Rabbit Forerunner

Looks pretty good. I'm liking all these halo two map remakes, but it bums me out that theres no way to add in all the fun moving objects that these maps used to have, for example the conveyor belts on this map and the array on pinnacle. But still looks really good!

10. Sikph

Sikph Forerunner

I used to play this map a lot back in the day so I find it very nostalgic to see it made with such accuracy in Reach. With every high quality remake, Reach just get's better and better. Well done, your work is very appreciated.

11. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Very nice job, Colossus was one of my fav halo 2 maps. I really envy you for making it so accurately.