Colossus of Rhodes

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by chrstphrbrnnn, Feb 5, 2010.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

15.2%
  2. Okay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Average

4.3%
  4. Good

6.5%
  5. Great

73.9%
  1. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Colossus of Rhodes
    Created by: jakob hunter

Winner of the recent Wonders of the World contest, jakob hunter's Colossus of Rhodes is one massive, detailed monument of awesomesauce. Built with an eye kept close on other artistic representations, Hunter brings to the scene a work that Michelangelo would have been jealous of (not that he would understand what an Xbox is). Complete with torch and wall-made sash, Helios is kickin' the newest fashion statement for inanimate, digital forge statues. Hell, he's even ripped to the max with abs of steel (or stone rather).

In all serious though, it's quite sure that Jakob hunter didn't spend near as much time staring at a blank canvas as Michelangelo did, but he has however created one of the best aesthetic statues to date. Hunter really took the spirit of this contest to heart in creating his masterwork and it truly shows. Hunter even managed to snag the first submission in the contest. If you are ever in need of inspiration for an aesthetic piece, you may want to give Mr. Hunter a ring. Congratulations jakob hunter for turning a wonder of the world into a wonder of the forge world as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download Colossus of Rhodes

Original FH Thread
    Wonders of the World Submission Thread

If you have any thoughts on this article, or the front page in general, that you would like to share with us then we invite you to post your opinions in the Front Page Feedback thread.

#1 chrstphrbrnnn, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  2. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

This literally is the greatest Aesthetic piece in Forge.
    Hope Bungie sees this!

Outstanding job jakob hunter!

3. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Congrats jakob, told ya you'd win! The 8 pack completes it.

4. T3RA PROWL3R

T3RA PROWL3R Ancient

Hm.... At first, I didn't think that this would win the WoTW contest because the 'sash' looked sloppy. Untill I realized, "It's a sash - Made out of cloth - Sortof"

Either way, GREAT aesthetic piece; Gameplay could be better tho. *sarcastically, trying to be humorous*

5. Chron

Chron Ancient

Congratulations Jakob, as Shanon said this is quite possibly one of the greatest aesthetic pieces forged since Halo 3 was released 2 and a half years ago. Good job.

6. Pennywiez

Pennywiez Ancient

holy S**T that is all i have to say, Amazing job hunter that is (as said above) the greatest statue i have seen made in forge to date!

just wow...

7. Ac3Snip3r

Ac3Snip3r Ancient

Hell yeah!

The detail on this statue is amazing and it could be one of the greatest aesthetics map pulled off. The only thing is that it looks like he's giving me the finger, lol. Nice work jakob.

8. Capton Furgler

Capton Furgler Ancient

What a surprise...another aesthetic map featured...

Its a good aesthetic map but nothing more...

9. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

The toes look silly :p
    nevertheless, great job jakob, hope to see more from you in the future.

10. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

Toes look silly anyway... have you ever looked at your toes? They look retarded. Anyway, great job. I'm still amazed at how you took square blocks and turned them into something that looks so human.

11. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

You do realize it got featured because it won the Wonder of the World competition, right?

12. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

I think what he meant was the staff should have planned ahead and waited to feature the other aesthetic map since the Wonders of the World contest winner was going to get featured around this time.

13. BADDECODE

BADDECODE Ancient

I think the map is so great I can't even understand how much I should respect it. Ironically I first thought it didn't look that great, but then I saw the sixpak and the face :D Now I'm thinking how much blood, sweat and tears jakob has gone through to make this.
    Have to admit it, I AM AMAZED. ZOMG!!11!

14. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

It doesn't really matter if other aesthetic maps were featured recently. Other featured maps are irrelevant. This is why one couldn't question a map's feature while taking other maps into consideration. I agree variety is the spice of life, but I agree more-so that no policies are need for spacing out similar features.

Great job.

15. IH8YourGamerTag

IH8YourGamerTag Forerunner

Superb Imagination and execution in resurrecting one of the lost wonders of the ancient world. WELL DONE. Impressive. Most Impressive.

16. Old School

Old School Forerunner

Wow....all I have to say is wow....I get tired just thinking about making a map like this

17. NOV3D

NOV3D Ancient

Wow wow wow this beats the #$@! out of any robot made. 100/10

18. Tomo Stryker

Tomo Stryker Forerunner

Very VERY cool! Great for Machinima and profile pics!

-Tomo Stryker

19. lVlr Me 2

lVlr Me 2 Forerunner

I really like his 8 pack. lol. Or 16 pack. Im not sure but this mustve taken forever. What is this though?