Foundry Colosseum v3

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Asthetik, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Asthetik

Asthetik Ancient

Colosseum v3

(Note: Ive never posted a v1 or 2 because this map is really old)
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Back story:

I know that this has been done tons of times. This was one of the first ones built. It was inspired by a similar map but the forging was so sloppy it drove me into making this. Long time ago, in a galaxy far far away... HAWAIIANBOYZ808 (Now iDIGITAL FEAR) & I (AkA fRESh I808I, formerly fRESh Al0hA) forged this piece of art. (I remember it like yesterday, trying to make double-wall braces for the flat surfaces. Merging was relatively new at the time, so we thought it looked good). It took multiple trials & errors to make the perfect map and game type. Now, about half a year from when it first was forged, I posted it for the communities pleasure.
    Map:

Colosseum V3

Map Description:
    A circular arena type map that has a crowd to watch you as you are thrust into the battle, only seconds to orientate yourself before you know where you are. Your enemy stands in front of you, equally armed. Its all up to you, you're on your toes... no room for mistakes. Your marksmenship is pushed to your highest, your skill is displayed for all to see.
    Game Type(s):

Standard for both:
    Player Traits:
    •BR Start & Infinite Ammo
    •Normal Shields, 10% Leech, & 110% Shield Recharge Speed
    •Normal/Default Slayer traits for the rest

Match:
    •1 Kill to win Round
    •10 Rounds- 5min each

=|=|=|=|
    =|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=

Gladiator V3

Description:
    Gladiator is the standard FFA Slayer gametype. This gametype is highly recommended for the map because its the way the game should be played. This is straight up 1v1, no grenades, no camping... just you and your BR.

Gladiator Skill

Description:
    (Warning: This is for pros only... no noobs allowed)
    *Note: Honor the game! All players on the same team.
    This gametype is not reccomended to play with. This is more like a test of how steady your aim is. If you do play a full-on match with this, then be prepared to watch 4 shotters look like n00bs. This is made with Team Slayer, but you earn points by betraying your team mate. Like Gladiator V3, your opponent will stand in front of you, but only now its your team mate. This means that Auto Aim is OFF. This makes it extremely difficult to aim at your opponent and make hits on him.
    Only true Pros will suceed in this one. (srry n00bs=[)
    Pics:
    (Im too lazy to label so figure it out on your own)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to Friends (Unknowingly testing my map=])

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Downloads:
    (incase you missed them)

Map:

Colosseum V3

Gametype(s):
    Gladiator V3

Gladiator Skill

Feed back appreciated!

-Asthetik
    :joker::joker::joker::joker:

2. exploreTheGore

exploreTheGore Ancient

You are right about the fact of this being done a lot of times but this seems to be a pretty nicely made one. I like the idea of the second game with the no lock but it does look like it would be hard getting everyone on the same team. (All of my friends are all about the team slayer games.) One thing is that with these maps you usually want to make it look nice since game play is very simple. This map has somewhat good aesthetics but I would suggest turning the double boxes sideways sot that the bottom faces the inside because with this type of map aesthetics are what push it above the others. i will download the "No Noobs" game type and the map to see how it plays.
    Right now it gets a 4/5 but that could change depending on game play.
    Chow!

3. Asthetik

Asthetik Ancient

I was thinking the exact same thing about the boxes... but when we first did this, that kind of stuff was new so we didnt really care. But I am going to make a v4.... just to improve the aesthetics because they are a bit sloppy. Oh and another thing... I highly recommend that you DL the Gladiator V3 first. Not many people will like the Skill version because they will have a hard time aiming and they get fustrated.

4. City Static

City Static Ancient

May I ask how you got the boxes perfectly symmetrical? It looks as if it's a perfect circle. What method did you use to place the boxes in the correct position?

5. Asthetik

Asthetik Ancient

Ahh, young grasshopper... it seems thou hath requested to inquisit thy methodigy of thoughest mind. to understand, you must first let go of your concious mind... listening only to the now.

6. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

Using a king of the hill marker and placing your boxes around that will give you a good guide to making a nice circle

#6 Blaze, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  7. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

I like this map. Its well forged and plays well. As others have said its been done a lot of times before. Good job.