Heroic DLC Colonization

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Riff, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Riff

Riff Ancient

Colonization

Playtesters Needed.
    GT: Rifick

Indoor rats nest with some minor gameplay tweeks.
    I originally designed this to accomadate MLG when I realized WTF am I thinking. There is no way in cranberries the MLG community is open minded enough to accept MLG Rat's Nest. What ever I'll just drop the project, go work on somthing else. Last night I played a random custom on the beta and thought it may just be worth looking into. After a few minor adjustments the map is now ready for playtesting. Although this map no longer caters to MLG settings it still works best with a BR start.

In the first picture you can see objective positions have not been altered. Even with the reduced map size the original placement has proven sufficient.

[​IMG]

The next picture is simply to illustrate just how well the boundries have been put in place. I managed to keep the balcony open while still blocking off the rest of the map.

[​IMG]

Bridges have been put merged in front of the large doorways in the main room.

[​IMG]

Rockets with reduced ammo have been moved to take the place of camo. A double box open is now residing as cover on top of the ghost's previous location opening up a new catwalk.

[​IMG]

Play before criticizing.
    Enjoy~

#1 Riff, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  2. CryptoKnight

CryptoKnight Ancient

nice, ghost merging im guessing? but never though of indoor rats nest. just for fun, you should get testers and try mlg. and one more thing, how did you cover up the mauler tunnels? could we have more pics?

#2 CryptoKnight, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  3. pyro

pyro The Joker

I like where this is going, not many people attempt to build an indoors rats nest. I just do not see where you put effort into this. The ghost merging could easily be done in seconds and has no effect on gameplay, and there are many objects that are unmoved and do nothing, for example the barrier in the first picture. Finally, I see that the objectives remain unmoved, however, the neutral bomb and start points, not to mention terretories vip destinations and juggernaut destinations, must all be moved otherwise these will spawn outside.

4. shockwavekp44

shockwavekp44 Ancient

Yeahy this map must have been hard to make. I love how you came up with this idea. I have never seen any indoor Rat's Nest Competitive map before. Great job with forging this place. Hope the gameplay is as good as it looks!

5. Riff

Riff Ancient

The start points for most all game types have been moved to inside the maps barriers. This includes bomb, flag, hill, slayer, and ball.
    V1 will be coming out before the night is over name although the name will not be changed only the discription.

As for unmoved items, I find bungie usually does a good jop orginizing items to be visually pleasing also I wanted to stay as true as possible to the vibe of rat's nest and lastly I feel that a single barrier probably wont be affecting the outcome of the game anytime soon.

Forging is not about effort but the quality of the finished product.
    When I'm finished hopefully you will have a map rivaling anything in your default setlist.

:)

Completely off topic.
    Whats a ghost merge? o_O

#5 Riff, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  6. UnderlineFlyer

UnderlineFlyer Ancient

Played it. luved it.
    sirously, one of the best all around maps I've played in a while.

7. pyro

pyro The Joker

Yes I know this playes well but mostly because what you started out with was already good. I have played inside rat's nest before using honor rules.
    Ghost merging is a method of merging and interlocking that takes almost no skill, by making it possible to simply shove an object into the ground or another object where it will stay when dropped. Look for a turorial on youtube to learn how