Sandbox Colloseum

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by ThrownInLie, May 21, 2010.

1. ThrownInLie

ThrownInLie Ancient

Colloseum
    Created by ThrownInLie

Just another colloseum map...

Map Used: Colloseum Glad

Supported Gametypes:

• King of the Hill

Story:

My first map, hope I did ok...you could try playing it, but it gets boring after a while. Players start in the dungeons, which ironically has the shape of a cross :p

They then go to the overlook, where you stare down enemy teammates and try throwing grenades at them :D

When the juice effect comes into play, bridges to the teleporters spawn and players are able to access the arena.

Description:

Just another Colloseum map guys! What I did want this map to do was to give the colloseum the elliptical look it actually has. I remember I forged the axis of it to scale with the actual arena...I'll update this later to say which scale exactly. Anyways, this map mostly captures the essence of a roman arena and it doesn't replicate it exactly.

Hope I did good for my first map!

(I made this map a month or two ago...just been busy with school, but this was my last day of school :p)

Forging 101:

[ ___ ] : Floating Objects
    [ YES ] __Instant Respawn
    [ YES ] __Immovable Objects
    [ YES ] __Timed Map Events
    [ ___ ] : Effective Spawn Placement
    [ ___ ] : Gravity Lift Techniques
    [ ___ ] : Objects Placed in Water
    [ ___ ] : Used Symmetry Option
    [ YES ] __Interlocking Objects
    [ ___ ] : Objects Merged with Map Geometry
    [ YES ] __Unlimited Budget Glitch

#1 ThrownInLie, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  2. Toastman 500

Toastman 500 Forerunner

Looks very interesting, But adding more pictures and Action shots would make this post better. But congratz on your first post and welcome to the hub of Forge!

3. E inglourious 3

E inglourious 3 Ancient

If the people in the Gladiator arena have grenades, and the walls are as high as they look, they can grenade jump up the first wall, jump up the second row, and then grenade jump out. I would check for escapability.

4. Vantier Raleigh

Vantier Raleigh Forerunner

Lol this map looks really good and it's kinda fun to just jump around on.
    how is escapibility an issue? Aesthetic maps are just for looks. How would escaping the Arena benefit anyone? then they would be stuck out there lolz

#4 Vantier Raleigh, Jul 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  5. xSoGx Grim

xSoGx Grim Commander

Oh cool I would say that this could even be a casual or a mini game map, since you made it playable. Overlooks and the bottom level are cool, but Im all about maxing out in one single area if I make aesthetic maps. Main suggestions yes raise the walls a bit. Overall nice job, and this is one of those maps which is perfect for 1v1 swords only, or stabout gametypes. 4/5

6. elitebiker18

elitebiker18 Forerunner

The forging looks good but it looks kind of boring to play on. I'll download it and give it a try.