Coldfront v4

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by LIGHTSOUT225, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Capital Reload

Capital Reload Ancient

All the beautiful features in this map really make it one of the best that I've seen. Definetly worth a download. Must have took a lot of planning and testing to get it just right. Well in my opinion, you got it better than right. Awesome!

2. Jake Pajamas

Jake Pajamas Guest

It's a good map, no doubt. I downloaded, my only critique is that it seems that while the sniper towers are cool and fun, the rest seems kinda thrown together. I think you could of designed something with a little more flair to it on the ground like you did in the sky. But that aside, nice job, it's worth the download.

3. LIGHTSOUT225

It did change to 45 seconds in v2, but since has switched back to 30 (the same time the other cannon spawns). That main man cannon is clearly the best option available for flag carriers when uncovered, as such I didnt want it available for too long, and wanted to spread players around the map more

The rockets do have an extra clip. But the rockets certainly aren't an overwhelming weapon on the map at all. The map is fairly open, and with everyone wielding a BR, it is, like Ivory said, more of a support weapon than anything else.

bah humbug.

Iv0rY Snak3 likes this.
  4. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

I tried it out! Epic win for lights! 5/5 wonderful!

5. an old granny51

an old granny51 Ancient

nice map like the bases
    worth a dl

6. Saint Prodigy

Saint Prodigy Ancient

looks really cool i live the jump portals. it reminds me of super mario

7. LIGHTSOUT225

thats pretty much what i was going for. Props to NeverlessWonder for helping me make it work two ways instead of just one.

8. DunkinMyCookies

DunkinMyCookies Ancient

omg i can't believe ive yet to see this -.-

for an avalanche map, WOW 5/5 +rep nice job Lights

9. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

I'm pretty sure that the item limit is reached/nearly reached on this map, and so adding much more structure to the ground would be pretty much impossible. Also, I'd say that every object on this map has been placed carefully and has a specific point to it, there are no wasted items, especially immovable ones. I don't think Lights will hate me for saying that this isn't the most aesthetic map in the world, but its about pure gameplay and enjoyment. Every object seems placed and positioned with gameplay in mind and, whilst I agree that the ground areas lacks some of the visual flair of more aesthetic maps, I'd choose its finely tuned nature over something that's arguably prettier any day.