Coin-Op Map Pack

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Aoi84, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Aoi84

Aoi84 Ancient

(Long time fan, first post)

Haven't got a chance to play the new maps online yet, I've been too busy forging them. So far, I've made three new maps based on old games. I haven't published these to the bungie forums until I had an opportunity to receive some good crits from this community.

First: I shall omit my "PacMan" map and variant (though it's still in my file share) since it has already been posted by another member, and their's does look fantastic, props buddy.
    Url to that thread: http://www.forgehub.com/home/index.php?topic=710.0

Second: Elevator Action
    In the old game, you made your way down from the rooftops to your waiting car below. For a spin (and sheer height limit of Foundry), this One Flag Variant requires the attackers to battle their way up four stories, before getting the "ease" of coming back down. The map's tight indoor and spooky construction atmosphere also make it a good infection map. Weapons include: BRs, ARs, SMGs, Pistols, one Shotgun, and one Brute Shot, all accompanied by frag grenades and four flame grenades (don't want to spam them, but they're great in the wooded surroundings).
    [​IMG]
    The first floor, fairly open area, and devoid of much cover.
    [​IMG]
    Once up the stairs, this will be the first stronghold. I dubbed it "the guard room" as I was forging it. This area is the primary defense against the attackers before they reach the "elevators".
    [​IMG]
    The elevator is made by a semi-vertical man cannon. This allows grenades to be tossed to the floor above (to ease camping), and can be avoided by simply falling down from the floor above.
    [​IMG]
    The third floor is essentially just two hallways to bottle neck the attackers before they reach the flag base.
    [​IMG]
    Lastly, the roof or fourth floor is a two part room that holds the flag.
    [​IMG]
    Outside the level, you can see the final "elevator"

Third: Frogger
    After making the other maps, my roommate was bent on me finding a way to make a Frogger map. It took quite awhile, but it quickly became my favorite map due to its addictive though extremely frustrating nature. In this Neutral Bomb Assault, the objective is to grab the center bomb and carry it to the opposing team's "pad" or base. After trekking to the "insert coin slot" (teleporter), you'll find yourself on a crate containing the bomb, and greeted by four jumps to reach the other side. These "hops" are what make the game. Each jump is filled with fast moving fusion coils. Originally, they had a kill of 1:9 , I upped it to a harsh 1:3--if four men attempt to hop across, one is likely to die on the way.
    Weapons include: BRs, Carbines, SMGs, Plasma Rifles, Needlers, Maulers and Shotguns(one on each base), and one sniper on the far perch(to make the bomb carrier's life all the more difficult if team work isn't established). Equipment is frags, stickies, a bubble shield, and a overshield.
    [​IMG]
    Overview of the map.
    [​IMG]
    Each side is symmetrical, to allow light equipping before entering the chaos.
    [​IMG]
    Teleporters up to the chaos. This will normally be where enemy team contact occurs for fighting position to the bomb above.
    [​IMG]
    Let the hopping, praying, and cussing begin = P
    [​IMG]
    Once survived, it's actually a nice little walk into the opposing team's floating "pad". Cover is light, but acceptable for maintaining the bomb. Most of the time, the other team is having difficulty getting across the "highway". Though, it should be noted, if they defuse the bomb, it's an even easier little walk over to your "pad" ^^.

All of these maps and variants can be found on my fileshare here, enjoy:
    http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShare.aspx?gamertag=Aoi84