Code Impulse

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by GD27 BlueDevil, Aug 10, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

Poll closed Aug 25, 2008.
  1. Needs work

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. Allright... I guess

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pretty cool nice job

14 vote(s)
    26.4%
  4. Awsome Map!

34 vote(s)
    64.2%
  1. LOstReasOn

LOstReasOn Ancient

Wow, the map looks great man. The aesthetics flow so well together, and I bet gameplay is good too. 5/5

2. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

I invited you to test but you didn't come :-( neither did Cosmic Rick...

I wll play a game on it with you today. Let me know what ou think!

3. a pmp nmd slkbk

a pmp nmd slkbk Ancient

lol i have seen this map grow from the very beginning and was glad to be a part of it....for this map i would give a 5/5 for such a great idea nad i absloutely love the layout and design of this map, and im glad i could help you with it

4. Mike22

Mike22 Ancient

dam looks lik a greate map
    Evry thing looks tite
    my fav part is the putting stuff in the ground very nic job on that dling rigte now

5. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

Wow that looks as cool as SpaceAge. Great map here man. I liked your video a lot. The weapons seem awesome for the map and the geometry is amazing. 5/5 This is an epic win.

6. GladiateSmiths

GladiateSmiths Ancient

The aesthetics are incredible and gameplay looks fun and intense.

7. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

Muh Hahahaha

Its a secret... but I will tell you this. It is going to combine aesthletics and gameplay in a way that realates to SpaceAge only 20 times better. Also its on Avalanche!

8. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

The quotes below were said but not written down. They said this when I showed them the map when it was being made.

Please don't quote me, that skews what your trying to promote. When you showed me what you were working on, it wasn't a concept yet. I only saw a simpe structure of the map. Quoting things like gives others the wrong impression.

9. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

As of right now this is a brand new map! It plays better and is way more fair. Hope you guys enjoy!

10. a pmp nmd slkbk

a pmp nmd slkbk Ancient

happy face, i <3 this map and was glad to help =] 6/4 perfect i love the geomerging and interlocking, its flawless....definately worth a download and a half

11. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

ehhh, i suggest changing your text color... white isnt too good. i understand its good for the new skin, but lots of people (such as me) prefer the old school skin and all i see is white and highlighting the whole text is not something i want to do, although i will do it now.

anyway. i will check out v2, possibly play it... and tell you what i think about it... i'll be back then.

12. Phreakie

Phreakie Ancient

Thats alot of help lol its a great map good job and i hope this gets featured ill be back with another post when i get a game going on it.

13. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

Awsome! Hope you like it! Me, Shock, E93 and Bl00d F1r3 send a lot of time. Now I truly believe it is the best that it can be :)

14. xkevlarpro

xkevlarpro Ancient

It looks really good, but for some reason, I'm just not feeling it. I'm not sure why. I'll get back to you when I figure out what's bugging me about this map.

PS: Seriously, it looks really good. It's just something.... I don't know yet...

15. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

Im sorry, but im gonna be completely honest with what i think about your new version. try not to take any offense from what i say.

But I think you completely dismantled this map and made it even worse. deleting the shotgun was a biggy for me actually. it made the map COMPLETELY unbalanced and flawed. The defenders spawn with a beam rifle while the attackers spawn with nothing. not to mention that only one power weapon will provide boring gameplay...

oh and before i go further let me mention that i have not yet played, but this is based off a forge through, so the significance of this post is not as great as it would be if i had played it yet... but dont worry, i'll get around to playing it soon. i have a couple maps on my que of testing.

anyway, back on topic. i absoulutely hated the removal of the shotgun cus of the unbalanced issue and it takes away from the fun factor. with one power weapon gameplay is going to become very repetitive since there will be hardly any variables of gameplay. (I hope you know what i mean there)

Another thing i hated... The removal of the top shield door in the defenders building. i actually thought that was a very well placed shield door and you made really good use of it there. with the shield door there the top level was uncampable, and that top level has a good sight over the whole level really. by removing that shield door, the defenders are easily able to BR down or Snipe down the attackers spawning in the open across the level. and when the shield door was there it actually gave a chance for the attackers to actually get the flag out of the building, and have some time to get it at least near their return point. if you removed any shield doors i think it would be best to delete that shield door with the merged single box near the attacker's spawn.

I took a look at your respawn areas, and i felt slightly disappointed. i liked that you infact DID use respawn areas in this version, but they weren't pulled off very well in my opinion. you only had one respawn area when the flag is at home for the defenders and one when the flag is away for the defenders. that means that no matter what, even if there's people around, the defenders WILL spawn in those areas whether or not theres people in there or not. personally i think you should've had a respawn area for each level in the defenders base rather then making the respawn area cover the whole building. that way the defenders will always spawn safe and the attackers will have a chance to get the flag if they've already entered the building. same goes for the respawn flag away areas... but ehh, now that i think of it, that area shouldn't be so bad because it seems like it's in an area out of the way of the path from the defender flag spawn to the attacker's base. but i did notice you had multiple respawn areas for the attackers, that was good.

but enough pestering you about the bad things. let me tell you the changes i liked =D. i liked the removal of the ghost, in my opinion, it served no purpose on such a small map. im also glad you removed the turrets. i understand they were there to defend from the ghost in the first version, but they didnt really work too well if the ghost wasnt very powerful... and if there was no ghost and there was turrets... they would completely own... so good job removing those. the elevator... it seems a lot more useful this time around. when you had to grab the switch at the top of the building to activate the elevator, it was pointless because you would already be at the top level to grab the flag... but now, from my understanding, it seems like the defenders have to lock it from above to make sure the attackers don't have that fast, easy route straight to the flag.

well that's pretty much it... and remember, the significance of this post really is isnt that great yet since this is only based off a forgethrough, but a deep forgethrough.

Like i said earlier, i have this on a list of maps i need to play so i can review them in depth. I'll be back with more significant feedback.

16. Camoflaug

Camoflaug Ancient

i actually played a few weeks ago and the spawns were really bad to be honest but you aparently fixed so it might be better gameplay when i played before i didnt like cause the defenders of the flag were to powerful. cause there isnt any cover when your attacking

17. InnerSandman13

InnerSandman13 Ancient

Uh...Devil..you forgot me. I helped you out with the spawns when people spawned outside the map, and put some more spawns on the offensive side.

18. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

You know, why don't you freaken play it moron? I spent alot of time making the map. Bl00d F1r3 helped me with the weapon placement so why don't you think about playing it instead of blabbing on about what you 'think' is what the gameplay will be. Its made for 1 sided gametypes to idiot. This has been tested by lots of premiums and mods.

This is spam. Put down a map before you evan play it. Sorry for saying this but Whats wrong with you?

#78 GD27 BlueDevil, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  19. dbs

dbs Ancient

Learn to use correct punctuation and improve your bloody spelling.
    Nothing annoys me more...
    Oh, and good map.

20. Beyond Skill198

Beyond Skill198 Ancient

Wow I wish someone would make a video tutorial on how to do advanced geo merging like geo merging movable objects and stuff like that... All I can geo merge is two door legnths down. Anyways, the map looks really cool from what I can see, I think the base looks really nice.

The name reminds me of my map Club Impulse.
    Nice map.