Code Impulse

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by GD27 BlueDevil, Aug 10, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

Poll closed Aug 25, 2008.
  1. Needs work

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. Allright... I guess

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pretty cool nice job

14 vote(s)
    26.4%
  4. Awsome Map!

34 vote(s)
    64.2%
  1. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

Code Impulse (updated)

THIS MAP WILL BE REMIMAGINATED AND IMPROVED IN ALL ASPECTS WITH THE MAP HIGH VOLTAGE WHICH SHOULD COME OUT SHORTLY.

Thankyou for TESTING:
    NOT HELPING ME MAKE THE MAP!!
    sdrakulich
    Shock Theta,
    E93,
    Bl00d F1r3,
    Innersandman13
    a pmp nmd slckbk
    and Linibudix for helping me.

[​IMG]

V2 Changes
    There have been alot of adjustments to enhace the gameplay. I have recieved many help and tips from the people above who helped me. Here were the changes we made:
    -MAGORLY FIXED up spawn points! Thankyopu Shock Theta and E93 for helping me. I owe you guys.
    -No shotgun: Yes it was fun but made the maps unbalenced. It caused lots of camping.
    -Most shield doors removed: Made the top floor the altiment camp zone.
    -Deleted teleporters: Bl00d F1r3s idea... made the map seem a little TO EASY to get around. It was cheap.
    -Added Plasma pistal: A nice touch to the map. Located where the sender node was.
    -No turrets: Made players almost invincable if a team stuck together and had one
    -A perfect elivator: We totally fixed it up and it works perfectly now. Evan when the game is laggy.

Hello good people of forge hub! I am introducing my second map called Code Impulse. It is themed to be kind of a cave and it is built for one sided objective and slayer for smaller to medium sized parties. I have been working on this map since SpaceAge v2 came out (I am sure your tired of seeing it on the forums) and I am happy to say it turned out just the way I planned: a base with great interlocking, geoglitching with both movable and immovable objects, and an elivator activated from the top floor that allows for a quick way to get the flag but can’t be overused because the elevator will close only to be opened again from the custom power up in the top floor.
    When played with the game type it forces players to be very tactical and work as a team so don’t complain about bad gameplay if you don’t download the game type too. As you can see from the video you must use great teamwork and outsmart the other team to win. The vid is of both default multiyear slayer and the game type made for the map.

There is an elevator that leads to the top floor of the base where the flag/bomb is set. The custom powerup is located at the top floor and only works once every time the powerup is picked up. This ensures the elevator is a shortcut but can't be overused.
    Storyline
    Once a mine about 2 thousand years ago, this cave became abandoned after it was found to be very dangerous with cave ins and not very sturdy to withstand being walk on all day and night by people searching for gold. After being empty and quite for countless years marine troops fled hear to both study and escape the flood.
    Gametypes
    Code Impulse is made for a gametype called Impulse flag. Built to make players work as a team to infiltrate the base together you must actually use your brain (I hate using it too). Multiteam and Team slayer work well on this map too. It creates a fun killing experience to all who play it.
    Qualities
    I am surprised I havn't seen a map on the competetitive forum that has geoglitching with movable objects. That is why I decided to do so. I geomerged a spool in the middle of the courtyard where the shotgun spawns. This is perfect because the size of the spool fits perfectly where I need the shotgun to spawn so it saved me alot of work redoing the courtyard.

Probably my favorate part of the map is the elelator. It works once every time the custom power up is picked up making teammates use timing and cummunication to retrieve the flag. Thankyou to A pmp nmd Slkbk for your help and ideas.

Some of the most important details about the gametype below:
    SMG starts
    Slow flag carrier
    Custom power up has almost no effect
    Flag carrier is gold

Weapons List
    3 BR/carbine to each base
    1 shotgun in courtyard
    1 Beamrifle under the defenders base
    Invisablity in the cave to the far end of the map
    1 set of Dual wield weapons to each base
    2 Turrets 1 to each base
    Plasma pistle by teleporter in attackers base

I believe that covers everything. Most people don't evan bother reading this. Without farther do I present to you a vid of Code Impulse:

Youtube Vid Here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VG7aCfd6og

[​IMG]
    An overview of the courtyard.

[​IMG]
    View of the Attackers base.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Inside the cave.

[​IMG]
    HomieG54's head gets owned by a shot from Scarfac3d.

[​IMG]
    Under the attackers base

[​IMG]
    An apple a day keeps the attackers away!

[​IMG]
    Our beloved Bl00d F1r3, gets owned with a grenade.

[​IMG]
    Jedi Eli is alive. But not for long...

[​IMG]
    Lone soldier.

[​IMG]
    Duh Duh Duh Dun

[​IMG]
    The custom powerup that activates the elivator ONCE to create teamwork and timing.

[​IMG]
    Open Sesemi! The powerup has been picked up and the hydrolic elivator is about to be used.

[​IMG]
    Battle by the elivator. Who will win
    a pmp nmd slkbk or Mister Hat?

[​IMG]
    Made by GD BlueDevil (ME! if you didn't realize)

I hope you like it!
    Please DL both the map and THE GAMETYPE it will give you the best possable gameplay.

The quotes below were said but not written down. They said this when I showed them the map when it was being made.

Download Map Here!

Download Gametype Here!

#1 GD27 BlueDevil, Aug 10, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  2. TheMisterHat

TheMisterHat Guest

Another great job on another great map. good job bluedevil.

3. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

Hey, great map, i see alot of things that i really like about this map, maybe even a possability that predator would work (muh favorite) I will Dl, and i hope that this is as good as spaceage

4. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

hey you knoe this the first map ive seen with movable geomerging great job and the rest of the map is beautiful ask usual

5. Zachary9990

Zachary9990 Ancient

I could seriously see this being a featured sometime. Ilike the curved ceilings in the tunnels. Very asthetically pleasing

6. Da Pig

Da Pig Ancient

Congrats on the movable merging! But I was before you... ;D. I really like the cave, it looks cool. At least the entrance does. And very nice job with the merging too! It looks very smooth, and the map doesn't look anything like foundry at all! Great work with the map! 5/5
    Actually this is the second then. Remember Infected Fort? I merged a grav lift...

#6 Da Pig, Aug 10, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  7. InferiorPigeon

InferiorPigeon Ancient

wow this looks great, and i cant wait to play your gametype on it!
    im glad to see another map with movable geomerging, mine and yours seem to be the only ones that have used it!
    i also see this being featured some time.

When i first saw this, it must not have been nearly completed, because many things have been added.

Great Job BlueDevil!
    10/5

8. screenhunter69

screenhunter69 Ancient

.very kool ill DL.

9. Soup & More

Soup & More Ancient

Wow, this is a study in geo-merging. Not only have you clearly perfecting geo-merging movable objects, but the merging with the open double box is awesome too!

10. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

I believe you saw it the same day Roche178 and Rusty Eagle saw it. I believe I hadn't made the cave yet. Oh well glad you liked it!

11. JSlayer7

JSlayer7 Ancient

Forgegasm! I'm lovin' the mergin' of objects (specifically movable) AND I love the depth you gave to the map. A lot of it looks up and down, which I think is great because you utilized Foundry's space very well. I'm downloading.

12. Paulie Walnuttz

Paulie Walnuttz Ancient

Nicely laid out, it looks open in the middle, but thats a good thing imo, i like the switch and the roundness to the map, also nice geomerging with moveable objects, team slayer looks fun, i will dl and take a closer look and maybe get a game on it later, good job =D

13. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

The map isn't half-bad. actually, looks pretty good. all the merging looks great as well as interlocking. i wish you would've worked on mounting that beam rifle tho... it looks kinda sloppy crooked like that. Also, i dont know because i haven't played yet... but i hate shield doors... it might be necessary tho... like i said i have to play.

And Im glad to see the movable object merging used, first time i've seen that. but honestly, i cant see why you did that. it seems as that wire spool serves no purpose. it provides no cover, or anything really. just looks like you put it there because the area was empty and needed something and you decided you wanted to show your skill off...

anyway, i'll get gameplay feedback later
    -Reserved for my feedback-

14. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

Wow I am so happy to hear that from the guy who made Villa Roma thanks Paulie!

15. SiN Fwang

SiN Fwang Ancient

oh nice! this is really great. i love it. the cave=awesome. the geomerging with wire spool=awesome. 5/5 for sure. love it love it love it!

16. II AceMasta II

II AceMasta II Ancient

Man i have to say this looks like an absolutly awesome map both asthetics and gameplay seem great. I will DL this and check this out. I am sure i will be amazed.
    16.5/5

17. PingPongLegend

PingPongLegend Ancient

sick interlocking 5/5
    this map looks very good
    i will dl

18. Bloumbas

Bloumbas Ancient

good job, its a pretty cool layout, with some nice inerlocking, and sweet geomerging too.

19. forgy bob

forgy bob Ancient

tottaly agree the geo merging must have taken forever and like the other guy said i could see this getting featured.

20. ezekeil20five17

ezekeil20five17 Ancient

first rate work everthing seems well thought out and looks amazing.you have done the rarest of all thing created something new and interesting on foundry i cant wait to play this{as soon as i can put down bioshock} nice work