Clover (updated)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by X2Sora, Nov 13, 2011.

1. X2Sora

X2Sora Halo 3 Era

Clover

[​IMG]

I decided to update Clover as it has gone through several changes from the last preview. The map can now comfortably support 4v4, the power weapons have also changed with the replacement of the grenade launcher and sniper rifle with the focus rifle and concussion rifle. The map also has a ghost and an activate camo that first spawns 120 seconds into the game. I am currently finishing up the spawns and weapon placements on the map. I will most likely be hosting a testing session this upcoming weekend if anyone would care to join just send me a message stating so. Here are a few more pictures.

The Canyon (Teleporter)

[​IMG]

Active Camo Spawn

[​IMG]

Tele-Receiver (the cave leads to the new ghost spawn)

[​IMG]

Ghost Spawn

[​IMG]

Focus Rifle Spawn

[​IMG]

Overview

[​IMG]

2. Yobo

Yobo Forerunner

Do I get credz?

3. oh knarly

oh knarly Ancient

Liking the look of the new additions sora, feel free to invite me as I would really like to see how the new edition plays.

4. X2Sora

X2Sora Halo 3 Era

I was going to give everyone that deserves it, including you, credit when I actually post the map.

@knarly I will make sure to invite you the next time I am testing.

#4 X2Sora, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  5. CyborgAnthro

CyborgAnthro Forerunner

The additions look great. How do they affect the frame rate though? It looks like just as many things were added as taken away...

6. X2Sora

X2Sora Halo 3 Era

I didn't see any frame rate issues the last time I tested a 2v2 on the map. There might be some frame rate issues in 4v4, and if there are I already have some ideas on how to reduce the frame rate.

7. neverendinghalo

neverendinghalo Forerunner

Wha no sniper for halo?!?! Where is my credits because I helped a ton on this map and with the of the mongoose and AC it really changes up the gamplay on the map and still no sniper?

8. X2Sora

X2Sora Halo 3 Era

As I stated to Sinless I will be giving thanks and credit to everyone when I actually post the map. Regarding the replacement of the sniper rifle with the focus rifle, Sinless recommended it to me because the sniper was beginning to feel a little too dominant. Another factor is that I feel the focus rifle requires less overall skill to use than a sniper rifle, so more people are encouraged to rush for it. If tests show otherwise I will replace it with the sniper rifle.

#8 X2Sora, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  9. Yobo

Yobo Forerunner

Besides the dominant part about the sniper, I think the focus rifle is a great replacement because it gives this map a little more of a covenant feel.

10. neverendinghalo

neverendinghalo Forerunner

what if this map haves more of a abandond feel to it i think it would be better.

11. X2Sora

X2Sora Halo 3 Era

The covenant theme is more of a side theme added to the map. The central theme of the map I will explain further in the actual post with a story, though if you must know it centrals around the structure collapsing.

#11 X2Sora, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  12. Mortensenii

Mortensenii Forerunner

Like the layout and feel for this. Has a very abandoned ambiance.
    If you need more testers, go ahead and add me, gamertag is same as this forum ID.

13. X2Sora

X2Sora Halo 3 Era

Thanks, I will make sure to friend you the next time I am online.