Cleft

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by IamZD, Sep 23, 2010.

1. IamZD

IamZD Forerunner

Cleft
    By: ZD

[​IMG]

Hello Forge Hub! My name is ZD and I am new to these parts. Today I bring you the first of (hopefully) many Halo: Reach Forge creations. Usually I tend to focus on competitive-centric maps designed for balance and fun.

For this map, I really liked the little "nook" above the Canyon in Forge World so I decided to use most of the geometry that was there and only add accents where I deemed appropriate. Cleft was born!

[​IMG]

Cleft is an asymmetrical medium-sized map that is best suited for 4-8 players in Team Slayer or CTF/Assault.

It contains a red base and blue base that are very different and each offers its own advantages and disadvantages.

Bottom of Blue base:
    [​IMG]

Rockets on the walkway under the map:
    [​IMG]

The sniper spawns on top of blue base:
    [​IMG]

I decided the cliff in the background needed a little "art" in the distance. (This is obviously not reachable during game play):
    [​IMG]

Note: I have play tested this a bit and made small tweaks since I took these screenshots but the map is largely the same. However, I have not tested this map very much yet and would appreciate any and all feedback. And if you are interested in testing with me, feel free to message me your gamertag and I can add you. Thanks and enjoy!