Claustrophobia v2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Norlinsky, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

Claustrophobia

[​IMG]

Claustrophobia is a smaller map variant but packs a lot of action. Recommended game types are 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3 slayer.

Click to Download Claustrophobia​

Description: This map was designed to be very competitive because of the size. Some may say the map doesn't appear very small, but when the game is running on high tension, it seems as if the walls are closing in. It starts with 2 main bases, one on the top floor and one on the bottom. Both have a barrier at the spawn with 2 battle rifles leaning against each for quick dominance of the field. Players can take many routes to fool the enemy or go for a direct approach at the power weapon which is the shotgun. The shotgun is located on the lower floor and both teams have a chance at it in the beginning, as they do every other weapon. Other weapons include the mauler, sniper, brute shot, double SMG's, double spikers, a plasma pistol and plasma rifle. It also holds invisibility(hidden on the lower level), an overshield, a regenerator, flare, and power drain.

Screenshots​

Overview 1
    [​IMG]

Overview 2
    [​IMG]

Overview 3
    [​IMG]

Overview 4
    [​IMG]

Lower base
    [​IMG]

Lower level near shotgun
    [​IMG]

Shotgun spawn
    [​IMG]

Back of lower level
    [​IMG]

Overshield spawn
    [​IMG]

Sniper ledge
    [​IMG]

REMEMBER: Download the map and check it out before jumping to conclusions. I am open to honest, worthwhile opinions; not ignorant pointless criticisms. Pictures don't describe the whole map.

#1 Norlinsky, Apr 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2008
  2. Smoke1Drank9

Smoke1Drank9 Ancient
    Banned

3. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

Apparently you didn't read the whole post

#3 Norlinsky, Apr 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2008
  4. JJ3672

JJ3672 Ancient

Think I'll tell you this before five other people...your images don't seem to be working. Maybe it's just my computer...

5. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

Sorry about that. They should be back up now

6. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

Hm, looks interesting. I think it looks pretty easy to escape though, especially with a grenade jump. What's interesting, though, is that it doesn't look claustrophobic at all, yet it looks as though that while playing a simple FFA match, you'd be squeezed in tightly.

7. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

I realized that a grenade jump would get the players out of the map, but if they downloaded it to play, why would they want to leave the map anyways? And there's nothing else out there and no way back in. So it's pretty much a lose-lose situation

8. JJ3672

JJ3672 Ancient

This makes perfect sense, but people 'round here don't like to see maps that can easily be escaped. If you have any budget left, try double stacking the out walls.

As for the map itself, it seems pretty well constructed but nothing really stands out. I dunno if you can do anything to make the map more interesting, but try it if you can. You probably need to interlock if you havent already, see Forging 101 if you don't know how.

Also your shotgun spawn is annoying me. I personally don't like to see weapons lying on the foundry floor, so use a weapon holder if you can.

9. nealsaviking

nealsaviking Ancient

It's alright. Looks and feels plain. But overall, I enjoyed playing it. It was a 6-man FFA

10. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

Never really tried a FFA on it before. Unless you count a forging session with a lot of betraying

11. samstone

samstone Ancient

???????????????????

can't See pictures try useing photobucket.com

12. Mr Pokephile

Mr Pokephile Forge Labs
    Forge Critic Senior Member

13. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

Must be your computer. I can see them and I do use photobucket

14. Banana Peel

Banana Peel Ancient

Wow, nice inter locking and looks really fun ill DL

15. Tork232

Tork232 Ancient

nice name i think im going to downloda it

16. Santhacine

Santhacine Ancient

this map looks okay, not the best but definately worth trying

17. o0 god 0o

o0 god 0o Ancient

a good use of interlocking , and i love playing on this map the gameplay is excellent

18. shortspeedy

shortspeedy Ancient

Looks fun and bland at the same time...hard to describe but I'll give it a download.

19. XxNAPALM FURYxX

XxNAPALM FURYxX Ancient

looks pretty cool but like other people said it would be really easy to escape but on the other hand it is really built well

20. graham215

graham215 Ancient

Looks really good. Ive been looking for a map for a while that Is open, but still as those close quarters moments. Im downloading it now. Im trying it 1v1 first thing.