Sandbox Civilization-The Noob Era

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by Koreboosest Jake, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Koreboosest Jake

Koreboosest Jake Forerunner

Civilization-The Noob Era
    By:Koreboosest Jake

Story:Long time ago...really long time ago, there was a civilization small, and clueless. They were known as noobs. They seek to increase they level of skill, and never could.And you can help them, by joining them.

Description: Civilization-The Noob Era, is a fun thing I came up with. I made a noobish civilzation. But with the help of downloading, and maybe joining the civilization, you can increase their way of life.

Now for pics.
    \/--Overview of the Noob Civilization--\/(Note:I am a better forger than this)
    [​IMG]

\/--Overview2--\/
    [​IMG]

\/--Overview3--\/
    [​IMG]

\/--Palace--\/(The Palace is like the town hall, the heart of the Civilization.)
    [​IMG]

\/--Stonehenge--\/(I know it looks like crap)
    [​IMG]

And i quick message from the noob caveman.
    [​IMG]

And you can help this noob caveman by downloading this map(Just 10 downloads), or by help this poor fellow by helping him build this civilization(Help ugrade it,send me a friend request GT=Kore99X). And increase the population from 1 to whatever.
    [​IMG]

Map dl:Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details
    ---
    P.S.When the map get 10 downloads, I'll improve it alot better, and add things, and also take away.You can help me improve it if you want to, just send me a friend request or game invite. Gamertag:Kore99X. This is not my true forging skill. I am alot better.I just made it look noobish.

2. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

You should make this a screenshot rather than a map. I think that just because it's not really 'aesthetic' or just good looking. I understand that it is 'sposed to look bad due to it having to look noobish, but I just don't feel like it is worth download. So I think with a clever title and description, this could be a better screenshot than map.

3. sum1youdontknow

sum1youdontknow Forerunner

I think i get what you're saying, the more downloads, the more the civilization grows. I think it would be fun, the only bad thing is I don't think you will be able to convince other people to do so. If you start expanding, I'll download to help. ~ Again, good idea and might be fun, but good luck with getting other people to download.

4. Plasma Blades

Plasma Blades Ancient

Interesting concept with the whole improving with more downloads, but I don't exactly see why anyone would want this on their hard drive. Maybe you could make it so that items are on a delayed respawn so as the game progresses, more things are "built"?

5. Plasmy

Plasmy Ancient

Like Plasma Blades said, interesting concept of a new civilization on the rise, but there just isn't much to look at but a few blocks placed on top of each other.

Even it is supposed to look noobish and badly built, you should still make actualy buildings and ghost merge a bit. It seems that you made this within 10 minutes.

You should listen to what these guys are telling you. Like that one idea, the more downloads, the more the civilization grows. Maybe once it reaches 30 or 50 downloads, you can move on to a small village or even like a Roman type city or someting. And in the future, once it reaches like 2000 or 3000 downloads, make the city just like Halo or the Jettsons lmao.

No download for me though, it just isn't something that should take up a custom variant slot.

Maybe re-do the map and make it look more like a city, your town hall thing is only 2 huge blocks with another huge block on top of them.

Not trying to be mean, just giving you a detailed comment. I wish you luck on this whole idea of yours. I'll keep my mind on it. Need any help, message me over ForgeHub, my GamerTag is ShooN X, or my YouTube channel which is H3Forge.

-Plasmy

6. IH8YourGamerTag

IH8YourGamerTag Forerunner

yeah.... this looks like about 20 minutes of work on the map, an hour on the screenshots?

Plus I was disappointed because I thought it was a Sid Meier Reference. I don't know how you'd do that in halo though.... :)

7. Silentsniper

Silentsniper Forerunner

ya sure i DLed but can you send me a freind invite and let me help upgrade it