City Streets *looking for playtesters*

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by JackalAnubis, Oct 4, 2010.

1. ManRayX

ManRayX Ancient

Jack

I went back and took a good look at the map. I didn't know that you had hit the hard ceilling on the object limit. So if you did want to modify like adding more fireteam or backfield spawns for the invasion variant it would be at the expense of one item. Definetly going to rework for swat and maybe a night version when I'm done tweaking my "Eagles" invasion map. Amazing job dude. One of the best maps I have seen yet for reach.

MRX

2. Natetendo83

Natetendo83 Forerunner

Any news on a release? This may be my most anticipated map from this forum at the moment

3. sniperbait636

sniperbait636 Forerunner

I actually randomly searched city in the reach and this poped up and I downloaded it sorry if you didn't want any one to play didn't know it wasn't released I love the map the outside of the buildings are awesome but the insides can get very confusing and complex and the under ground seams pointless but doesn't get played much Great map just awesome looks great!!

4. JackalAnubis

JackalAnubis Ancient

So I'm pretty much done with the map, polished it and have removed as much flickering/ bumps/ uneven pieces/ broken game pieces/ as well as patch up holes and add accessibility to as many windows as I could. The map is pretty large and I can't really accommodate everyone's wishes for the map with the budget I have left (more cover, more vehicles, more buildings, more complex interiors, more weapons, etc). I figure people will just have to take the map and make it their own and delete some stuff to accomplish what they want out of it.

I was about to publish the map this weekend, but I tried to do some redesign work on the large building's roof to make it more economical, and add more stuff to the map. I think I still retained some aesthetics for the building, but lost a lot of front facing windows, upper rooms, and flat open roof. The new setup freed up a few hundred which was used to put down more cover on the street and some weapons. I also added an extra side window to the building to compensate.

I think I might just stick with my original design and polish up any remaining stuff I can find in the next few days, and maybe also include this altered version for people who want to edit the map drastically and could use extra money.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Hudacris

Hudacris Forerunner

Oh my god, I literally can't even wait a couple more days for you to finish this! PLEASE HURRY!

6. infamyyy

infamyyy Forerunner

OH MY ****ING GOD thats one awesome looking map.. CHalk me up for a playtest

7. rms8

rms8 Forerunner

Phenomenal work, on BOTH maps.

IMHO, you just just release BOTH maps and let the people decide which they like more. Based on the pics I have seen, they are BOTH awesome!

8. jovial1

jovial1 Forerunner

Having been fortunate enough to help playtest this once, I eagerly say that I hope this will be entered in the Forgetacular contest. :)

9. Brahm dooree

Brahm dooree Forerunner

This map looks amazing i was just confused by how large the grass are outside the map is? or is it a kill/soft kill zone

10. TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki Ancient

This map has gotten MUCH more pleasing to look at since last I saw. I like the removal of some to add more. It just looks cleaner and the ways into the 'subway/underground' as I'll call it are much more noticeable. While my Urban map is larger, yours has more fully functional buildings. a perfect infection styled map. I'll playtest it.