City Beach

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Artickill, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Artickill

Artickill Forerunner

This is my first post on forge hub so go easy on me.

I am trying to build a small part of a city that is near the ocean. I would like it to have about 4 main, distinguishable buildings, and a few other small ones. So far I have the basics done and I have ran out of Idea's on how to build it, but I know what I want it to look like.
    I quicky put this image together so please tell me what you think and if you would like to help add me @ Artickill

[​IMG]

#1 Artickill, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  2. Inferno

Inferno Forerunner

I may hit you up and help...Also, if you want apartments, shops, and a police or medical centar/jail to be accessible, then you probably need more space, because if you're going inside of them, you need rooms, and the more rooms, the bigger the building has to be, especially the police station/etc.... Also, I suggest you make the police station or whatever as the boundry, and stretch it out/backwards/up and just put a soft kill zone on top. That would also give more room for extra houses or shops, or whatever you want there.

3. Carter1234

Carter1234 Forerunner

I suggest you give yourself a bit more room than that. Perhaps expand through the valley. For something real spectacular, make the city in the air.

4. Inferno

Inferno Forerunner

You don't need a completely artificial enviornment to make a good map. Sometimes maps can be good using terrain around then. The FHF winners aren't good examples though, in my opinion. :|

5. seredhras

seredhras Forerunner

if you don't have thse building shells, it will look too small, otherwise i would agree wth inferno, but it would probably be ok if you made it bigger and had it up against the cliffs on either side