Remake Citadel

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by wi1lywonka, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Gazzaverage

Gazzaverage Ancient

Just played some slayer games on this map and I have to say it's really smooth. I didn't play the original much so can't comment on its accuracy as a remake, but we all really enjoyed the game play and found it well balanced and fast paced.

It looks really nice...very forerunnerish. My one minor gripe is that it is rather monochromatic. I know you don't want colors to be the focus of the map, but i think the odd smattering of color here and there would break things up a little for the eye.

Great job, great map. I'd like to see an original design utilising some of your cool forerunner architecture.

2. wi1lywonka

wi1lywonka Ancient

Even though I said it would be the final version, I'll experiment with the coloring. It's kind of hard because the Brown Team Color is different than just Brown, and Team Colors only show up in Team Slayer for some reason. I tried other colors and they were overpowering, so I decided to go with the subtle approach. This aside, I'll experiment, but I'm hoping to move on to other projects as soon as possible.