Ciela

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Organite, Mar 2, 2013.

?

What do you think about Ciela?

1. Not my style.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Okay.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Average.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Good.

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Great!

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  1. Organite

Organite Journalist

[​IMG]

Ciela | by [user]Dax[/user]

Players | 2 - 4
    Gametype | DaxySlayer

This map has a very bad habit of popping up on the front page, and once again here it is. Ciela, by Dax, is an outdoor 1v1 or 2v2 map set on the rolling green hills of Ravine outside of the looming Forerunner artifact. Seamless piece usage and an eye for detail grant this map a unique aesthetic atmosphere that is utterly amazing. Playable and unplayable walkways dot the layout of the map breaking sightlines and contributing to aesthetic prowess in the same stroke. The segue between natural terrain and forged geometry is flawless, decorative teleporters are stylish, and aesthetic indicators for power weapons are subtle yet useful.

Ciela - YouTube
    Video courtesy of Oli the G

Beauty aside, lets talk about Ciela's function for just a moment. This map plays a damn good BR brawl and the power weapon set that accompanies it is borderline genius. However, what really shines as a true power 'weapon' on Ciela is Promethean Vision. With so very many sightline breaks and cover to hide behind pro-vision proved to be quite the asset in this map without being overpowered. Having the initial shot in a Battle Rifle scuffle can be the difference between life and death and pro-vision almost guarantees that advantage.

All in all, Ciela is just a great map. Many of your may think that this has been a long time coming for mister Dax. This is not his first rodeo, and this fine map is just another notch on his belt.
    Great job on a great map Dax, and congratulations on yet another feature.

For everyone else, we hope you enjoy Ciela as much as we did. If you haven't given it a go around yet then I'd highly recommend it.
    We look forward to seeing you next week for out next community map feature.

Happy Forging,
    Organite

2. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

Congrats, Dax. :)

3. Astiir

Astiir Promethean

Congrats on the feature, Dax :D

4. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

Oh, wow. Way to be fantastic, Dax. Congratulations!

5. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Grats!

And hooray for me :p

6. Kazerra

Kazerra I Beat the Staff!

COOOOOOOOOOOONGRATULATIONS, Mr Dax! As if a FHF wasn't enough, you now have a Feature! Yippee!

Also, a quick question to the man himself: Is Ciela(v3) the latest version? That's the one on your file share, but I don't think it's the most recent one. I could be wrong.

7. Dax

Dax Mhmm.
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Well this was certainly a nice little surprise! Thanks guys, it means a lot. :)
    And Kaz, the version you're thinking of is a little spin-off I toyed with to try and suite 2v2 better with gametypes including radar. So yes, [v3] is up to date!

8. Fragsturbait

Fragsturbait Forerunner

This map is garbage and not anywhere close to deserving of a feature!

That was a joke. This map is fantastic, and deserves every second of the attention it's been getting. Good work Mr Dax.

9. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Great map of course. It's also nice to see a good write-up that actually says a little bit more about the map. I hate one paragraph features.

10. Organite

Organite Journalist

Yea.
    I like substance, but I also like still frames.
    Something I was unable to get in time to post this :/