Ciela

Discussion in 'Halo 4 Archive' started by Dax, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Dax

Dax Mhmm.
    Forge Critic Senior Member

What's up dudes. Ciela was my first project in Halo 4. It's a small 1v1/2v2 asym map. And since I just despise ordnance and the way it drastically changes the strategy for 1v1s, I decided to create a separate gametype, Daxy Slayer, to go along with the map. Both the map and gametype can be found on my fileshare (itsDaxx). Hope you all enjoy :)

The guys over at THFE were kind enough to give this map a feature. Check it out!

#1 Dax, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
  2. Organite

Organite Journalist

And the first official Halo 4 map post goes to...

Not a bad map either.

I'm assuming you read RST's qualms with the map from when we playtested Ciela.
    Other than a few things, this map is damn near perfect and so much fun... even though someone like RST was even able to kick my ass on it >.<

3. Given To Fly

Given To Fly MP Level Designer
    343 Industries

We can post maps!? Woah!

Anyway this map is really cool. You can tell there was some carein forging it out.

4. Urban Myth

Urban Myth Ancient

Beat me to it, you should have put a big, all caps, "FFFFFFRRRRRST!!!" as your title. But this is not youtube, and you better than that.

As for the map, I have to say it is very well made, especially being so early in H4. You sir, are grabbing the attention of many of us here, including myself. I cannot wait to see what you will have for us next. (2v2 Concept.... wink wink nudge nudge).

5. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

And I'm glad that you didn't.

Now, Ciela (Celia) is quite the 1v1 map. It seems to have just about everything going for it in terms of aesthetics, map design, and that darn cool creator. Now, I did notice on my rare game with yu here that the action tended to focus in the locations seen at 0:05 and 3:07 (in the provided video) quite often. I didnt find it too bad, but I knew that if I wanted to find you, all I had to do was go to one of those two spots. Maybe not necessarily something to fix here, seeing as you released it and its already so good, but its something to look out for in the future.

Well done with your first Halo 4 release, Ciela (Celia) is a wonderful original map.

6. caughtsword4

caughtsword4 Promethean

This is a really cool map.
    Another win for Dax!

The angled sticky detonator in the wall is an interesting feature, I haven't really seen that yet in a map.

7. Narfidy444

Narfidy444 Promethean

Does this mean File share works?

Beautiful as always. Tried to make a friend download this so I could play it with him on his Xbox but he just wanted to spartan ops :/. Video makes the combat seem to be a little bit prolonged. Maybe 1v1 is a bit too small on it at times. 4 Player FFA might be fun I imagine :p

8. DoctorB77

DoctorB77 Forerunner

Wow. That map is beautiful. The lifts really bring in a lot of tactical map movement which can be used for a jump on your opponent. Something that Psychoduck did not mention in the video that I think was really cool was the way you showed your weapon spawns. Using the objective and dominion pieces in your map in unique ways really made for some cool aesthetics on this map. Hopefully I can download this next time I get on xbox.

9. JaCoNDoRR

JaCoNDoRR Forerunner

Great map. 4 player free for all gets interesting, especially when using the slayer gametype that has auto spawn and sprint disabled. very fun. Although Didn't even realise the sniper was were it was until there were two kills remaining...