Choose Your Fate: Infection based on pure chance

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by DestroyerX93, May 20, 2008.

1. DestroyerX93

DestroyerX93 Ancient

Hey guys.
    This map, took about 6 months to make. Now I know some of you are thinking "WAIT! FOUNDRY HASN'T BEEN OUT 6MONTHS Fing NOOBSAUCE!"

Technically, it actually did take 6 months (I just wasn't working on it the whole time). Back in November, Before the Heroic map pack, I designed a map on the pit called Choose A Path . It was only a beta version, and it didn't work out as great as I planned, but a lot of people still liked it. There were things I had to keep fixing, so I abandoned the project after many failed attempts at fixing it. (also, if you are wondering why that version of choose a path has no DL's, its cause i nvr released it)
    Now, 6 months later, I ressurected it and Re-built it on foundry, and so far, I think it will already work out better than it did on the pit.

THIS MAP HASN'T BEEN TESTED WITH MANY PEOPLE, so I do not know how well it plays yet (my time was limited). Choose Your Path played pretty well even with all the problems, so this might too.

ALSO: The first map worked best with a large party. I am going to guess that this is the same.

WARNING:
    In order for the zombies to be able to pick up the emergency grenades, I had to make it so they could pick up weapons to. THIS is why there are very few weapons on the map, and why the powerful weapons never respawn. You Have Been Warned.

Map: Choose Your Fate
    Gametype: Your End
    Pictures:
    Dimension of Destiny
    [​IMG]

Zombie Cave (tunnels at top)
    [​IMG]

Mini-maze (center), Tunnels with part removed to see where they are supposed to be connected (left), DoomBox (Right), Part of Chimeny room (far right)
    [​IMG]

Cyclone Room (center), part of drop-off (left) (btw roof removed on C.room in pic)
    [​IMG]

(was unable to take seperate pics of chimeny and drop-off rooms. ran out of time and room for screenshots)

DESCRIPTION (long)

Choose Your Fate is a pure chance game for first time players.

All Humans start in a sealed room called the Dimension on Destiny, with absolutely NO ESCAPE. The only way out it to choose ONE of the 7 Teleporters. You only get ONE CHANCE, but some who are EXTREMELY lucky may get at least one more.
    Each teleporter leads to a different type of room, which determines how long you will last in the game.
    The 7 types of rooms are:
    The Drop-Off room
    The Turret room
    The DoomBox
    The Mini-Maze
    The Chimeny Room
    The Cyclone Room
    And the remaining space on the map

The Drop-off room:
    Size: Medium
    Contains an Emergency Grenade (zombies way out if no humans are left in the room), and 2 Deployable covers. Speed is increased in the first 90 seconds of being in this room, and gravity is increased.
    Est. Survival Time: Medium

Turret room:
    Size: Medium/bigish
    Contains a turret, and emergency Zombie Grenade.
    Est. Survival Time: Short to Medium

Chimeny Room:
    Size: small, with a tower
    Contains a firebomb, emergency zombie grenade, Deployable grav lift, Chimeny-like tower
    Est. Survival time: Medium to Long

Mini-Maze:
    Size: Small
    Contains emergency zombie grenade, and Trip-mine. Speed is increased in this room for the first 90seconds, while gravity is also increased.
    Est. Survival Time: Short to Medium

DoomBox:
    Size: Very Small
    Contains four fusion coils
    Survival time: 30 Seconds or less

Cyclone room:
    Size: Small
    Contains 8 Mancannons, a grav lift, a fusion coil, and a soccer ball. Fusion coil spawns every 30 seconds.
    Est. Survival Time: Short. Death By flying balls. 1% chance to escape through a small hole in the ceiling.

Remaining space:
    Size: Large
    Contains 3 firebombs, mongoose, BR, 2 smg's, flamethrower, Setinel beam, Shotty, Radar jammer, and Rockets.
    Rockets Don't Respawn, Shotty Doesn't respawn (I think, don't remember if I set it), FT doesn't Respawn, Firebombs and RJ have medium respawn time, Every thing else has long respawn time.
    Est. Survival Time: Long. Possible Last Man Standing.

The Zombie Cave:
    Zombies spawn behind a large wall, With a tunnel at the very top. Thee zombies cannot access the tunnels until 10seconds have passed, giving the humans time to Choose Their Fate. 10 seconds into the game a grav lift spawns, allowing the Zombies into the tunnels, which then lead them into a portal to the Dimension of Destiny. Once The enter, they can start choosing which teleporters to go through, and try and kill any humans they find on the other side. If there are no more humans left in the room, the zombies may use the emergency grenade which respawns every 30 seconds, to kill themselves and return to their spawn.

The Zombie Cave also contains a cage used to hold captives. If you are a HUMAN, and you die in One of the Death rooms or by any way that does not involve a zombie assimilating you, you will end up in the cage. zombies may check the cage every time they respawn to see if anyone has fallen victim to their traps.
    If you are, however, trapped in it with a partner, you may work together to try and save at least one of you before the zombies return, and then head through the tunnels back to the Dimension of Destiny, Recieving your SECOND CHANCE. Make sure you choose wisely.

Thank you for looking, and if You Download, please rate and comment, and Also please report any problems you encounter. When I have access to a 360, I will attempt to fix them.
    Btw, Sorry for the long read =D

2. Killerjoker11

Killerjoker11 Ancient

Looks interesting.

3. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

Well if you've been working on it six months it better be good, and if it isn't good, then we've got a problem and by "we've got a problem" i mean "you've got a problem"
    Do i make myself clear.

4. LOCK.xcf

LOCK.xcf Ancient

I agree, this better play well, it looks good

5. Pro NZ Assassin

Pro NZ Assassin Ancient

looks like an intresting map, i was think of sum sort of map like this but not an infection game type...

4/5

6. niceone

niceone Ancient

Nice idea about random luck :) 4/5

7. DestroyerX93

DestroyerX93 Ancient

Okay When I said "Technically, it actually did take 6 months (I just wasn't working on it the whole time). ", What I meant was It took me 6 months to remember I had Foundry now and could make it however I wanted to. The Map itself did not take 6 months. Trust me, the first thing I decide to work on for literally 6 months would be way better than this.

8. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

great idea and it looks like I could have a lot of fun on this map and the asthetics look great as well.

9. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

No way took more than a week to make if not a few days. Theres no interlocking or merging either. Mabey it plays well but theres no way in hell this took even a mounth to make.

10. DestroyerX93

DestroyerX93 Ancient

example of a person who doesn't read

up 3 posts ^^

11. IcedFrappuccino

IcedFrappuccino Ancient
    Banned

This map looks tight. Can't wait to play it.

12. niceone

niceone Ancient

Looks good :) only the description is noobish

13. DestroyerX93

DestroyerX93 Ancient

the description on the map that I forgot to change from the canvas or the description here?