Chasm

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Vicious Vice, Jan 28, 2009.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my Style

8.3%
  2. Okay

3.6%
  3. Average

4.8%
  4. Good

13.1%
  5. Great

70.2%
  1. Vicious Vice

Vicious Vice Ghosts of Onyx

Chasm
    Created By: JustcallmeDrago & PhilthyPhillup

Recommended Players: 4 - 8
    Recommended Gametypes: Conquest v3

At first glance Chasm may seem like a relatively simple setup with a death pit underneath, but the simplicity of its design is what creates a stand out map. The area of play is suspended over a pit with fence bridges connecting each territory. The narrow hallways between bridges are reminiscent of Cellars but with the added cross-territory fire fights atop these bridges you begin to see how different the gameplay is compared to classic conquest. An accurate player can stay back on their primary bridge and damage the opponents pushing and retreating on the center bridge while their teammates finish them off.

Like its predecessors Chasm take the conquest formula and tweaks it. Gone are the spike grenades and the bruteshot, in goes in plasma rifles and a plasma grenade for each team. The creators do well at changing the classic weapon set yet still maintain balance, which is possibly the most important part of conquest. Overall Chasm is quickly becoming a new classic among conquest’s rich history of symmetrical tug-o-war arenas. With the Conquest forge off in full swing this is the perfect time to get a look at what the staff consider a great conquest map.

2. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

congrats guys awesome map and a new take on an awesome game that reworks it to perfection is a ok with me!

3. s3anz2

s3anz2 Ancient

This looks awesome, It's almost like a non forge-map, it has a "death barrier" GReat WRK. you got my DL .
    1st?

no dammit, i got 2nd. :(

4. DeathToll77

DeathToll77 Gone For Sec

Good Job on the feature guys, also vice Energy Rifle > Plasma Rifle. Yeah I know I'm bitchy ;P

Changed, thx - V.V.

EDIT: <3

5. Zebra

Zebra Ancient

Whoah, I downloaded this earlier thinking it looks cool, next thing I know it's featured.

Can't wait to play it now. :)

6. Master Debayter

Master Debayter Ancient

This is a great conquest map and I'm glad it got featured. Gameplay is really good on this map in particular, AND it has a deathpit! Lol, but seriously, a well deserved feature.

7. philthyphillup

philthyphillup Ancient

Cool. It got featured Drago! Well I do love this map, and it plays amazingly well for conquest.

O, and it has the largest death pit in halo to date.

8. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

one of the best recent conquest maps period. maybe even the best ever, but that's arguable. I don't even know how many great conquest games
    I've had on this map already. Everytime AI play it seems to get better and better, I never get bored of it. Ehh, maybe it's because conquest never gets boring, but the map has a lot to do with it. The death pit makes sure you're carefule while crossing through the middle territory and the side hallways always provide intense battles.

Congrats on the feature guys, well deserved. I'd love to see another conquest map from you two.

9. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

I have played a few games on this. It felt very fresh.

10. KevinXI

KevinXI Ancient

Awesome job on getting the feature, this gives me hope that my map could be featured cuz of it's simplicity. I'm jealous :(

11. Felipe dos

Felipe dos Ancient

Congrats on the feature to de both of ye's.

Chasm is by far one of the best conquest maps I've seen. Conquest has been described to me in the past as a "broken gametype", but I believe this perfects it. The death pit/line of sight are essentially what make it remarkable. It puts much more strategy into conquest than the "run in and blow everything up" type of fight that takes place on most other maps of this sort. The gameplay is controlled so well there's almost a mini-game sort of feel to it.

Again, congrats. Keep up the great forging.

12. NymBomer

NymBomer Ancient

I thought this would have been featured early than this but there is so many great things coming out of ForgeHub and whats going on inside it, I understand why it took so long.

Great map. Never a dull moment when I play it.

13. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

Not much of a surprise here. Although it took long for it to have such an honor, Chasm is a very deserving map of a feature.

First of all, Chasm brings in new things to Conquest including the Death Pit and Shield Doors blocking each territory. I agree that the layout is basic, but tons of fun once you get to play it. Congrats guys.

14. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

I was wondering who had made this. When I played this with several other people here I thought the gameplay to it was actually incredibly fun. The only thing that needed to be fixed was the bridge surfing on the bottom. You could just jump across the teleporters and do it over and over again until you are killed or stop jumping. Other then that it was amazing and I really enjoyed the interlocking and I loved the idea of the death pit.

15. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

Wait this hasn't been featued yet? This is a map that I have loved fo weeks now. All of my fiends love it as well. Even though it's extemely simplistic. It emains awesome.

16. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

Drago and Phillip: Aren't you glad you posted this here now?

This is one of two maps I consider to be a "classic" for conquest. Its amazing how far a simple design can get you. But like I've said before, its the simplest of designs that play the best.

17. Cydronix

Cydronix Ancient

Since this map was posted I hoped it would get featured, it has a very unique style to it and pro interlocking, 5/5!

18. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Oh wow. You're right the concept is simple. So the question is, "Why hasn't anyone thought of it?" SO congratz for that and the feature. You might be able to get a pretty good infection game out of this actually. You get 5/5 and my dl.

19. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11 Ancient

Congratulations "Dingo" n' "Phillup" on the feature! Knew this map had the feature worthy status but was wondering when it was going to be featured! It is very well made and I'm glad that it was featured!

One of my favorite "Conquest" maps. Although it was to early for the conquest forge-off, it still made feature. Great job you guys, and I'm hoping to see another conquest map from ya'll for the forge-off!

Although I have fallen many times in your pit of death, I still love the map.

20. Spartan 396

Spartan 396 Ancient

I've had this map on my HDD for quite some time now. Just last night I got to playing it.

The gameplay was intense and extremely fun. The map is Forged EXTREMELY well and there were no bumps or anything bothersome. I've been waiting for this map to gain it's rightful feature :D

I'd recommend this to anyone and an epic 5/5 from me.