Cayanne

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by chrstphrbrnnn, Sep 21, 2009.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

20.0%
  2. Okay

14.3%
  3. Average

8.6%
  4. Good

8.6%
  5. Great

48.6%
  1. Sarg338

Sarg338 Ancient

So i played a few games an the Teles do ruin the game for me. Too many times i had him 1 shot and he Tele'd through, leaving me to do nothing.

Also, this map has some SERIOUS spawn issues. I spawned in front of my opponent about 2-3 times in a match.

Proceed to FLAME LOLOL

2. vash2341

vash2341 Ancient

who did u play with..text me in a bit after i eat and ill play a few round with you.

3. Sarg338

Sarg338 Ancient

Nicholas.

4. Scobra

Scobra Ancient

Conflict =/= MLG

5. Sarg338

Sarg338 Ancient

Never said it did. Thanks for reading my post!

6. Transactionzero

Transactionzero Ancient

The way I look at things is if people like your idea(map) and dislike your idea(map) you're doing something right. I'm a fan of teleports hence why they are in the map. Doesn't mean the map could not work without teleports. I worked my butt off forging Cayanne with and without teleports. Teleports worked better than no teleports. I thank everyone giving valid criticism.

#46 Transactionzero, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  7. Scobra

Scobra Ancient

You and your buddies seem to throw off that vibe. That's what I'm trying to get at. Things are different on Conflict maps then they would be on MLG maps for this very reason: Conflict is not MLG. To be frank, I would assume these maps were as good as they could ever be considering they've been in the works for apparently months. They've more than likely been tested a multitude of times and are as good a you can get for this gametype (considering they were built for this gametype and tournament.) Your complaining about certain areas of the map will leave you fruitless in the sense that they undoubtedly remain unchanged.

Also, I did read your post. Teleporters are a means of escape, equal to how man cannons are a means of travel while maintaining a flow in gameplay. I would suggest looking into some Hooked on Phonics because this has been stated numerous times before.

Your ignorance, as well as your arrogance, are quite astounding to say the least.

I really admire your desire to put something you want into a map regardless of any negativity that may or may not be received from doing so. High five.

#47 Scobra, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  8. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Your opinion was poorly constructed. If you had given the creator the time and energy to appropriately and respectfully voice your opinion then you wouldn't be attacked like that. True, I could have been nice, but I'm sick and tired of being nice to your type. It doesn't matter if I'm nice or mean, your type will always be here.

Actually I wasn't making myself out to be anything. I was merely pointing out that your lack of grade school grammar reflects your intelligence. And see the thing is, I am dealing with these criticisms in my own way. I'm sorry if you can't handle that, well I'm not really. The other thing is, I've tested the hell out of this map, so I'm voicing my own opinions.

As for the teles, no they shouldn't be removed. The common answer to teleporters is to remove them and that is mostly true. In the case of Cayanne, however, movement and the diversity of player interactions are greatly increased with teleporters. They improve the map's gameplay. If the teles weren't there then gameplay would be repetitively predictable. So, rather than have more predictable pathways, there are teleporters to mix it up. It requires more intelligence than skill use correctly.

I would have given that type of response if you had said more than "remove teles, they cause camping."

9. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

this is the best map i have played on for 1v1. only bad part is like three people quit due to me getting all the sniper ammo and getting sniper sprees.

10. USmarine1

USmarine1 Ancient

11. Silver0range

Silver0range Ancient

Exactly how well were the maps tested, though? Wouldn't the tester base be limited primarily to the people who were in the know about the maps? Obviously there wasn't any choice in this matter, but I don't think it can be said that the map was the best it could have been if testers were limited to a certain group of members - fresh testers would have provided new ideas and differing outlooks.