Caves R Us/Eternal Fountain

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by The Sir Toppum Hat, Mar 22, 2008.

?

Did you Like it

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. Somewhat

38.1%
  3. no

4.8%
  1. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

Re: Caves R Us

The newer map should become featured because this just is great interlocking.

2. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

for me, the walls and such would have added a lot more to the atmosphere if they were totally interlocked and there weren't small gaps between them allowing you to see out...

excellent interlocking on the other areas though.

3. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

Some of the comments here are agitating me. This map doesn't seem to me like it really needs to be cleaned up. What, you think because everything isn't straight it needs fixing. This map is supposed to be of caves, so no duh it is going to be really random, I can see it has a good organic feel, not a nice straight layout. Keep your minds open to different things before being quick to judge and assume.

4. The Sir Toppum Hat

The Map is Updated

Some people were complaining that the waterfall was sloppy so I redid the whole thing. Hope you like it.
    I also changed weapon placement. I took out the sentinel beam and the plasma rifle, and moved the neddler and the trip mine.

Thanks for your comments

I would have interlocked everything but I was running out of items, and if I interlocked them it would take up more items.

5. The Sir Toppum Hat

Thanks a lot for your comment, it means a lot.
    I worked hard on this map and its kind of depressing when people say it’s sloppy
    I do agree in some places though like the waterfall, but now that is fixed.

6. bnasty574

bnasty574 Ancient

great idea, but you didn't totally pull it off. the creativity is totally there. however there are parts of the map that have way too much stuff because of all the interlocking. the entire map is kinda crowded but in the majority of the map it works to your advantage and works. I wanna see a version 2 or 3 or something this could be pretty epic;

7. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

i can understand that ... well done all the same, its an excellent map

8. Salty

Salty Ancient

Brute Captain you took the words right out of my mouth. The only thing that I would change would be to take out the fence walls by the attacker side and the shield doors you have up to protect the teams when they spawn. I would then move the spawn points that are behind the shield doors into the caves so when they spawn at first they would be in a safe location. With the map the way it is I like it alot. You did a real good job.

9. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

After I ran through forge with you on this map, I can say that it is very cool, and very unique. If you fix up those few small areas we discussed and fixed the weapon max issue, this map would be outstanding!

10. Altair4PM

Altair4PM Ancient

This seriously does not look like its been made in Foundry, good job! Wouldn't we all love it if Bungie added water effects etc to forge?

11. ToochieHxC

ToochieHxC Ancient

Deffinatly gotta check this one out

12. SlasheI2

SlasheI2 Ancient

i like how its messy, it actually helps make it look more like a cave. good idea

13. The Sir Toppum Hat

Thank you all for your comments

I thought all I had to do to update it is to save my changes, but I was wrong.
    The map is finally finished I just have to fix the weapons. I will post the real update soon and sorry for saying that it was updated when you couldn’t even download the updated version.

Thanks again for your comments

14. The Sir Toppum Hat

Hold on for just a little bit more for the final Caves R Us map.
    I’m putting it though various tests to make sure everything is just right.
    The New Caves R Us map will be called Eternal Fountain

#34 The Sir Toppum Hat, Mar 29, 2008
    Last edited: May 6, 2008
  15. Kaitrix

Kaitrix Ancient

great idea. Ill check it out and try to post back for a review :squirrel_rubberduck:

16. Rejecting You

Rejecting You Ancient

From the pictures, it LOOKS sloppy, but I don't expect it to look much nicer from all of that interlocking. Great idea. I hope this plays well.

17. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

sweet is all i can say... DLed

18. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

This is fantastic. I can't say much about spawns and weapon placement, but the geometry kicks three asses. It's a little uneven, but it sort of adds to the atmosphere.

One thing: CHANGE THE NAME. It's horrible. Go look up a name of a cave in Mexico or something.

And will you people take the time to post a coherent response here, and not, 'lol, I dled it' and '8/10'.

19. Comrade172

Comrade172 Ancient

Ever since I played Tunnel rats I've loved anything thats reminded me of caves or tunnels. This one looks especially well made.

20. The Sir Toppum Hat

Great Idea, I’m going to look up a name if a cave and name it after that thanks for the idea didn’t think of that. You should see the name of it changing soon.

In the updated (that is going to be posted soon), the spawn points have been fixed along with the sloppiness and more. Be sure to download the updated one when I post it.

Thanks for your comments