Cave Freaks

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Gravedigger5454, Sep 10, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

7.6%
  2. Okay

5.4%
  3. Average

9.8%
  4. Good

13.0%
  5. Great

64.1%
  1. Teerav11

Teerav11 Ancient

i knew this would get featured!!! lol it matches your username with how insane it is! story line fits the game perfectly, any time i play it i feel like its an actual campaign mission! Insane54/5!

2. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

Oh dear god. A map by Shock and Insane? This has to be bad. Probably about as fun as some crappy puzzle map mixed with something that sharp makes, AKA teh suckage.

ROFl jk I saw when this was posted and it looks hella tight, glad it got featured.

3. gobbles

gobbles Ancient

This was really fun testing this map, I give it a 5/5 because of the replayability.

BTW, did you fix the camping problem at that one teleporter?

4. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

Yes, I did fix that issue.

5. xInfamous2x

xInfamous2x Ancient

lol on the last picture, that last blue guy is ME!

hehe i remember jumping down while playing with insane for screenshots.

im on the front page of forge hub hahaha

6. redeyesmaster

redeyesmaster Ancient

wow this really looks cool i would dl but i dont have those maps yet but when i do from what i see this could be the best one to dl

7. crazyzebu

crazyzebu Ancient

Best minigame evar

This is by far the most enjoyable minigame I have ever played. I just knew it would be featured. Exellent job, this is one of my favorite maps! SOOO glad I downloaded =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =)

8. Sharpestt

Sharpestt Ancient

The WORST THING ABOUT THIS MAP.....

Is finding people to play it with.

9. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Hey guys I see a few pointless 5/5 ratings on this page alone. I'm not sure if you guys know or remember, but posting this "map is cool 5/5" is spam. Harsh spam that ruins a map post. This spam will cause infractions to no end, so I don't recommend you post it. I personally really appreciated shocks letter and hopes clean up the maps section, and though this is a featured map post, I still do not appreciate it. Posts like: nice I like this map 5/5 please check out my maps; are just plain unacceptable. Please refrain from further posting this garbage. Thanks.

10. Hari

Hari Ancient

Its a good map just make sure to stay within the suggested players limit. I played with four people total and it was SUCH a pain to be a zombie. Oh and the zombie's first spawn is pretty much a free kill for the humans as you fly up and can't control yourself while the humans pistol you down. Nice storyline too. I like the little touch that the hornet explodes at the beginning behind you. Definitely well made. Great job.

11. Nilloc2468

Nilloc2468 Ancient

cool<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/nilloc2468" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>

12. muzza

muzza Ancient

the map looks awesome but can it support any other game types and how well do they play

13. celtics513

celtics513 Ancient

i dont want this too be one of those posts that are too vague and generally frowned upon but id like to offer my congratulations on making (from the looks of it) a very cool innovative map. this map looks like it has potential to be on the "forgehub minigame map of the year" ballot this year. congratulations and i look forward to playing your map!

14. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

this was really f###ing amazing the gameplay just made me cry it was that good insane you have made the best map and game i have ever seen well done

15. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

D/Led and playtested with freinds, and i was quite honestly amazed. It's origional and unique, and this gametype will revolutionise custom games. 5/5 good job.

16. that worm

that worm Ancient

speechless, brilliant game with a groudbreakingly inovative gametype and map

17. dented_drum

dented_drum Ancient

Alrighty, I already wrote up this monstrousity of a post about this map, only to have it deleted by ForgeHub's post-stealing ghost. That ghost and I have worked our differences out, and now I've found solace via CTRL+C. The totally re-written version of what I could remember plus some more is below.

For all those above and below who rape the post-count system, Read It!!!

++Asstitickly++

It's tough to create something that looks well on Avalanche. Look at D18. Even he said that his map was "nothing to look at," but it focused more on gameplay. Both are examples, in my opinion, of step-above-the-rest Forging on Avalanche. The Cave/Man-Cannon Cross room has been used endless times for maze and zombie maps. However, I love how you managed to use it effectively as beautifully at the same time.

In addition, I'll factor in both the Hornet crash and the story behind it into the aesthetics department. From the moment one begins the match, he has no choice but to notice the creators' goal. I like that, a lot. I see a lot of maps that have some sort of story attached, but rarely do I find myself appreciating that story as anything more than a little extra effort to make the map seem better. In contrast with the others, Cave Freaks hosts a brand of playing that relentlessly immerses the player in the game.

++Abowt teh wepuns++

It's tough to speculate between good and bad Weapon Placement, to some extent. As soon as I feel that a map has "too much of this" or "not enough that," I'm reminded that changing the Weaponry would alter what the creator had in mind. Perhaps, he wanted Player A to be able to grenade spam Player B at the Sniper Rifle spawn. With all that in mind, I'll say that I had none of those thoughts while playing/flying-through Cave Freaks. The Gametype is the key. It isn't the Weapon Placement that draws players to a certain part of the map; but rather, the Weapons are placed in the players' already-determined path. It's up to the player to decide what he wants to keep and what he has room for. Mind you, the player must also make this decision whilst enduring the onslaught of sworded "freaks."

That particular aspect thrills me to no end. I've not seen many maps that can boast that kind of gameplay. One of a kind, indeed.

++000OOOohh the sponz++

As a Forger, I can say that creating a playable, effective, and durable spawn system is pretty tough. Now, after my first few rounds here, it hit me. How the hell would I create such a spawn system in a map in which the target is in an entirely different place by the time the deceased player returns???

I couldn't, lulz. I'm in awe of the spawns on Cave Freaks. Both the Offense and Defense are never spawned too far or near their respective objective. I truly wish I could formulate some loquacious compliment regarding the spawns, but I've no clue how you managed to create such perfection. In my ignorance, I'll merely repeat that I could not have done it myself, and I offer up one huge ass amount of 'grats for this.

++Eckscuze 4 a sumry++

I second my friend, Sharp, on this one. We ended up scratching away at our Friends Lists for folks we hadn't played with in ages.

I absolutely love this map. I love how the player can decide whether to play it Competitively or Casually. I love its originality. One hell of a congrats on both the Gametype and the map itself from - dented_drum

Insane54 and TDH like this.
  18. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

Holy...

Uh...thanks? I'm...uh..glad you enjoyed.

19. Supper

Supper Ancient

KInd of stupid

20. cB fROm aK

cB fROm aK Ancient

199% Revolutionary! And not just that, it's so well put together, which surprises me, because I could never put any good forges together without using Foundry. Congrats to the creators. And keep up the good work.