Sandbox Cathedral

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by ILENE OVER, Mar 19, 2009.

1. ILENE OVER

ILENE OVER Ancient

Cathedral

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cathedral is a large building with 3 levels, attic, 1st floor and basement. There are "rat holes" in the foundation allowing access into the church basement. Rat holes are tube pieces allowing for movement through the foundation. And an alter for praying to the mighty kill ball. CTF is my favorite on this map. Slayer and zombie games are fun too.

[​IMG]

Weapons and equip:
    BR, Snipe, Rockets, Shotty, Mauler, Spiker, Brute Shot.
    Frag nades, Plasma nades, Gravlift.

Map
    Halo 3 File Details
    CTF
    Halo 3 File Details

2. killbot a61

killbot a61 Ancient

this mape reminds me of epitaph

this was a nice map for several reasons
    1. nice looking and playable
    2. balanced weapon set
    3 overall excellence

3. AI_Twitch

AI_Twitch Ancient

The interior looks very nice and intresting, however the exterior lets the players escape and run away, so consider a fenced area that is outside the building that keeps the players within reasonable distance of the main parts of the map (maybe a cemetary?)

4. CD95 v2

CD95 v2 Ancient

looks real cool, 3 things though,
    1. outside might be HORRIBLE camper area, so manf campers will flock there in odjective games
    2. some inner things dont look that accesible, and leading up to -
    3. 2 is caused by lack of space, cramped.
    overall, very nice though!

5. STWOW

STWOW Ancient

Maybe build a wall around so people won't escape but will still be able to admire this map. It has great aesthetics. Also remove the Killball and if you still want some lighting just add in some blue and red lightballs instead of giant annoying killballs.

6. Silva Sniper

Silva Sniper Ancient

Wow,this is awsome.I love the staircase at the begining.I also wish you would do some more decorating here.I like the overview pic but no offense,the inside is horrible.I say 4/5 overall.

7. Skarrow

Skarrow Ancient

What an interesting idea for a map, the asthetics for the cathedral look great.

8. RRAAAAAWWWWWWWR

RRAAAAAWWWWWWWR Ancient

This map reminds me of epitaph, even down to the rocket spawn on the platform.

Nice aesthetically, especially the overview, although people would camp outside if problems occur inside. Looks playable and kinda vintage. Like a cathedral has survived from our time to 2500's.

9. Manoukian1414

Manoukian1414 Ancient

pretty cool map. i like the asthetics and the multi level floor plan. like others have said, remove the kill ball, it just makes a really annoying sound wen u walk by. otherwise i give it a 4/5

10. Torque66

Torque66 Ancient

wow! this looks preety slick. I really like the feeling of the space and atmosphere inside the cathedral. I think that if you make some changes with the map[ its self, it could be a fun, interesting copmpetitvie map to play on. i would give you a 4.5/5 becuase nothing is ever perfect. Keep forging!

11. TehRandomBoi

TehRandomBoi Ancient

If you have anymore money, I may build some stuff around it, lol. Though this has no point for gameplay (or at least from what I think), it's extremely good in aesthetics. One thing about this map that ruins gameplay- campers. Nonetheless, great map.

Gameplay- 6/10
    Aesthetics- 9/10
    Execution- 7/10
    Overall- 7.9/10

12. MLG

MLG Ancient

the exterior lets the players escape and run away, so consider a fenced area that is outside the building that keeps the players within reasonable distance of the main parts of the map (maybe a cemetary?)

wow! this looks preety slick. I really like the feeling of the space and atmosphere inside the cathedral. I think that if you make some changes with the map[ its self, it could be a fun, interesting copmpetitvie map to play on. i would give you a 4.5/5 becuase nothing is ever perfect. Keep forging!