Catacombs

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by TooMuchViolence, Mar 11, 2009.

1. TooMuchViolence

TooMuchViolence Ancient

This is my first ever map, and I made it with the idea of playing one sided games on it. I tweaked the gametypes a bit, so you should download those if you want to play the map like I intended. Basically, the map is a tri-level base in one corner, with two doors leading into it. It has a missile pod on the outer wall for defense. The attackers spawn in an area on the other side of the map, with cover in the middle.

If you're going to play on this map, please follow a few honor rules. For the attackers, don't intentionally spawn kill. And for the defenders, if you can help it, dont pick up the attackers' grav lift, keep the missle pod on the outer wall, and dont leave the base. The exception for the defenders one would be during capture the flag, when the flag is out of the base, or when returning it. Other than that, let's get to it.

[​IMG]
    The base itself, which is where most of the action will be going on. There are two doors leading into it.

[​IMG]
    The main door, brings you into the base right by the ramp up to the second level and also right next to the ramp up to the base's outer wall.

[​IMG]
    The wall itself. Designed to force the attackers to go through predictable entryways into the base, and for defensive purposes. Contains a missile pod with 8 shots. Use them wisely though, for it won't respawn again.

[​IMG]
    And the secondary door. Break the two pallets to enter the base. Tends to be less noticable, due to the fact that you can't just walk in.

[​IMG]
    The second level of the base. Mostly a midpoint from ramp from the bottom level. and the ramp to the top level. The defenders also spawn on this level, but out of reach of the attackers.

[​IMG]
    The Defenders spawn. The teleporter takes you above the outer wall, where you will fall in between the main base and the wall. The room is sealed off to prevent spawnkilling.

[​IMG]
    And the top floor of the base. The ramp up to here is towards the top of the screen if you cant see. If you play on the right gametypes, the only way up to the top-mostern part of the base (where the flag, bomb plant point, and one territory are located) is by using the grav lift that spawns at the attackers bunker.

[​IMG]
    Speaking of, here's the attackers bunker. On the inside corner created by the two blocks, the bomb spawns in the Assault game type, and so does the grav lift for all gametypes.

[​IMG]
    The middle of the map, designed to help cover the attacking team on their way into the base.

Click here to download gametypes and map.

Also, this is my first map, so don't critique it too hard.

#1 TooMuchViolence, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  2. whiizzle

whiizzle Ancient

check how to post pics... read the rules...

i read ur post but next time post the thing all at once

3. The1ToFear

The1ToFear Ancient

This looks quite messy, I'm sorry to say.

Is there any more weapons or equipment on the map?

I'd like to know more things about this map.

4. Kalriq

Kalriq Ancient

I think for a first map its a good attempt, however I think a V2 would be good for the future,
    For help with this use the forging 101 sections for good techniques.
    Its not the most original idea I've ever seen but I think with some work you could turn it into something better.
    I'll be ready for a V2
    -K-

5. Vexrog

Vexrog Ancient

I suggest you work on the athstetics. To me it doesn't look like a map, just a bunch of rocks.

6. FryTheSly

FryTheSly Ancient

i agree with vex.
    this map looks unappealing to the eye but it looks OK for gameplay.
    ill rate it a 3.5/5