Cat N' Mouse

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by TrueDarkFusion, Dec 5, 2007.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

23.5%
  5. 5

76.5%
  1. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Cat N' Mouse
    Created by TrueDarkFusion & TheYavimayan

[​IMG]

Cat N' Mouse was designed after the classic Cat N' Mouse gametype from Halo 2 that many of us have come to enjoy. Well we have managed to create the gametype along with a map which can be played without the use of the honor system. We created "jails" in the opposing bases in which each of the two Cats (for which we used zombies in the infection gametype) spawn. There is a teleporter room that can be seen as being blocked out through the bars in the room. At the 20 second mark pre-set fusion cores spring the jail and the cat is freed. The time delay for freeing the cat is setup in order to give the time for the mice to spread out around the map. Then at the 30 second mark the Cat's wraith will spawn on the warthog pad. The timing between when the Cats are freed and the wraith spawn is setup so a mouse doesn't wait to try to steal the wraith. This setup guarantees the Cats to retrieve their wraiths.

At this point the game plays out as it did on Halo 2. At the beginning of each round the mice spawn where the radio tower is usually located by a line of mongooses. The goal of the mice is to drive around the map and avoid the Cats who in turn are trying to find the mice and destroy them with their wraiths. It is hard for the mice to win, but I have personally done it before, and it is rewarding. May the best stunt driver win!

#1 TrueDarkFusion, Dec 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
  2. TheYavimayan

TheYavimayan Ancient

Yay I love how we did this remake of the classic halo 2 custom game :)

3. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

I played this map the other night, very fun. Did you happen to fix the bug where Cottage got into the jail? When I played this I had one of my favortie moments too. A certain someone ^^^ got the Wraith stuck. (I don't mean a grenade stick) Ha, sorry but that will always be my first impression of you Yavi.

4. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Yes we fixed it. That's why we test our maps for a couple of days before release. ;)

5. Dragoncoals

Dragoncoals Ancient
    Banned Senior Member

a classic, nice.

6. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

I don't remember this from Halo 2, was it created recently over there? I haven't played Halo 2 for a while, anyways it's a pretty fun map though. Only problem I see is that a "mouse" can get a wraith if he's fast enough. If you setup a new jail, possibly on a different map, so that the wraiths would also spawn in the jail and then they would use it to get out once it spawns, I think it would work better.

7. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

Even if a Mouse steals a wraith though, it can't harm either Cat. The cats can't be killed (I think). However if the mice get one or even BOTH of the wraiths that could create quite a nuisance.

8. Sir Brane Damuj

Sir Brane Damuj Ancient

I have found that this game works better with Choppers on Sandtrap. This is mostly due to the fact that it is much more challenging to splatter vehicles with a Wraith unless they are pinned against a wall. Choppers have adequate speed to keep up with Mongeese to a point, then when under one minute, the shots are not over powered, but instead provide for an exciting finish in which the (usually) Last Man Standing has a frantic flee for his life.

9. TheYavimayan

TheYavimayan Ancient

We tried choppers...it was terrible...since we cannot control the honor rule of the game...people just shot the mongeese(?) and killed them very quickly...the wraith is supposed to be slow so the mice have a chance....o and the mice have only won one game in all of them that we played

10. Sir Brane Damuj

Sir Brane Damuj Ancient

I think it worked so well for me because I pretty much only play with my fellow Sovereign Guard members, so there is an innate honor rule.

But how would the honor rule be different for Wraiths? They can still shoot, and often.

11. TheYavimayan

TheYavimayan Ancient

but that is why..they are slow and have 1/2 damage if you played it....you dont get annihilated in one shot

12. Sir Brane Damuj

Sir Brane Damuj Ancient

Yea, but one shot followed up by one Turbo results in death.

However now that I think about it, Choppers probably wouldn't work well in Valhalla anyway. Sandtrap is more open and thus Chopper shots aren't as damaging.

13. Brisingar

Brisingar Ancient

I loved this in Halo 2 and I can't wait to play it in Halo 3. I wouldn't be to quick to criticize. If you have being breaking any "honor code" then don't play with them. This is one of my favorite games to play with my friends.

14. TheYavimayan

TheYavimayan Ancient

The honor code point was the fact that people that d/l it criticize everything that you do to displease them...including things out of your control like other players

15. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

This one still has a little honor rules in it though. A careful mouse can take a wraith from a cat that's never been cat before. Although they won't be able to do damage, they'll be harder to kill with only one wraith after them and the extra armor their wraith will provide.

Edit: I was just thinking, this could work quite well with choppers. You could fit the choppers inside the jail and have them be the way to eventually break out. The cats then would not do any damage either, forcing them to resort to splatters to get kills.

16. VbPackerbakr4

VbPackerbakr4 Ancient

i made a similar map and gametype but i fout out that the wraiths were too big too navigate the map so i put in choppers that work much better
    this makes a good map because the mongooses ware faster than th choppers. i made the mice invincible to weapons but could only be destroyed by splatter wraiths could flip the mongooses and the choppers splatter lemme know if i can post my gametype

17. TheYavimayan

TheYavimayan Ancient

ok...no it does not work as I have said 100 times...choppers will never work...stop posting these chopper ideas........

18. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Look at my edit to my last post, it is very possible and could work quite well on this map you've already created.

19. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

Choppers would be dumb, they can easily get close enough to blow the crap out of a mongoose. They shoot way to fast and move way to fast. Wraiths may be stronger but are slower so the mice actually have a chance. And btw, splattering isn't that great of a way to go, not as fun imo.

20. TheYavimayan

TheYavimayan Ancient

Thank you..and not only that but this sticks more to the original halo 2 version :p